Netduma R1 setup with Asus AC5300 router

Kudarat

Planning to buy the R1. I want to use the R1's features and just use the Asus AC5300 for wifi signal and its tri-band. Is this possible? My connection is cellular signal via poe modem. My setup now is poe modem-Asus router-computer. TIA guys.

PS. Not much technical explanations please-computer nub here. :)

the netduma will not function properly if you do not have all your devices running through it, even wifi......although it uses 2.4 band the range is excellent. Netduma works with any modem or modem/router but it does take a bit of networking knowledge so do not expect it to work straight out of the box without configuring it and your network which a lot of people fail to realise .

the netduma will not function properly if you do not have all your devices running through it, even wifi......although it uses 2.4 band the range is excellent. Netduma works with any modem or modem/router but it does take a bit of networking knowledge so do not expect it to work straight out of the box without configuring it and your network which a lot of people fail to realise .

Not with any modem that false, and the Wifi is not great we all know that.

I use my Asus 5300 for Wifi only  as well and that combo works great

Please state how to set it up that way so I can decide whether to get the Netduma or not (if I can do it, set it up myself). Thanks Anonymous.

I have a pretty large house and the wifi from my duma covers everywhere. i aint bothered about using the 5mhz as although 5 is faster it has also smaller coverage area. the reason to have even wifi running through duma is will manage congestion control properly, it cannot do its job properly if some devices are accessing wifi on another router.

If that router is an access point mode it will work fine. I have the Wi-Fi on my netduma turned off. All my Wi-Fi devices access my network through a router which is in access point mode. And said router connects to the netduma. All my Wi-Fi devices show up on my netduma and are controlled by the congestion control.

BTW guys in this setup where would my computer server be connected?! To the Netduma or my Asus? Thanks!

1435273560-U2502.png

In my case my computer server. No gaming consoles whatsoever. Where will it be wired? Thanks.

BTW guys in this setup where would my computer server be connected?! To the Netduma or my Asus? Thanks!

1435273560-U2502.png

In my case my computer server. No gaming consoles whatsoever. Where will it be wired? Thanks.

to the netduma if you are using ethernet.

Archived