Wifi very slow

Ok, my new netduma appears to work wonderfully for gaming. But wifi speeds are abysmal. I pay for 100/10.

I've tried changing channels,

Cap sliders at 100%,

Setting everything at equal priority,

Reactive,

Preemptive,

Wifi work around on/off,

Deep packet on/off.

Wifi slow on anything using it, iPhone, iPad, win7 laptop. Incessant churning on any website and stuff. My old router linksys e3000 was blazing fast on wifi compared. Same location. What's the magic fix??

• Administrators

Ed first lets confirm its wifi. Have you got any wired PC(not xbox or phone) can you do a speedtest and confirm you get max speed first. 

Good morning!

Plugged the linksys back in and tested.

74 down, 12 up. Did the speed test it a couple of times and around the same results.

Plugged netduma in,

47 down, 12 up.

6 down, 11 up

Third try ping was 554ms and I aborted lol

I then rebooted the modem and the netduma and I got 49 down 12 up on the first try, second try 12 down, 12 up. 6 down, 12 up.

All tests wired.

Modem+Duma=problems?

Motorola Arris 6183

Yeah. Rebooting the modem gets me to about 2/3rd speeds of the linksys then it degrades quickly. I am with cox cable.

What do you think about using the Linksys router with the Duma plugged into that?

• Administrators

I thought so, there is a known issue with Cox cable modems.

But if you follow the instructions above you should be able to get max speed till it messes up. Someone from Cox is actually looking into fixing the issue with the modem. I'm not sure what the progress is at the moment.

Could you read this thread, and perhaps message him. His name is odog http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1611-buffering-and-latency/?do=findComment&comment=23017

I had actually already spoken with him regarding the issue with cox Internet and the arris sb6183 modem.

I'll message him again.

The instructions above kind of work but as I said, speeds degrade quickly.

Okay so I've got modem to Linksys to the Duma. Now I'm getting steady 70s Mbits down. On aw im getting moderate nat.

On the duma control screen there's a warning about being connected to another router and says you may need to enable modem mode or DMZ. click here for more information. And then the only other place to click on this screen says view other router interface. What needs to go in the DMZ? The netduma?

• Netduma Staff

Okay so I've got modem to Linksys to the Duma. Now I'm getting steady 70s Mbits down. On aw im getting moderate nat.

On the duma control screen there's a warning about being connected to another router and says you may need to enable modem mode or DMZ. click here for more information. And then the only other place to click on this screen says view other router interface. What needs to go in the DMZ? The netduma?

Yes, the Netduma needs to go in the DMZ. Info on that can be found here :) I'm also lingering in chat if you have trouble putting the router into the DMZ and getting an open NAT.

Archived