AT&T U-Verse NVG589 speed issues with R1

TG3NOC1D3

Hello Everyone! I just picked this router up and decided to follow a guide on how to bridge or passthrough my ip to the netduma, however after doing so, i can't seem to get my full bandwidth. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I went through the guide and i'm still having speed issues. When i have just the nvg589 running, i can download updates and hit speed tests at 13.50 down by about 1 up, when i have the netduma running with caps at 100% open, i hit like 6-7 down by maybe .25up. Any ideas? I won't be able to do much to my network till after 4-4:30 due to a room mate working from home. Unless of course it doesn't involve reboots  :P 

Also. Side note, I'm a little confused on the geo-filter and how it works differently than say that of just buffing down the upload and forcing your requests out to servers to become shorter, which in turn should just give me the closest dedi? If i confused you at any point just let me know. I'll be around a pc all day. Cheers!

PS: Despite the issues, your router software is truly something beautiful. I appreciate all the hard work you guys have put in, especially when i see all the positive reviews on youtube and reddit. Thanks again!

I have AT&T Uverse ADSL also but have the nvg 599 but there basically the same thing.One big issue people have is thinking they have the duma in passthrough on the Uverse modem / router but they don't.Just make sure your passthrough IP for the duma is not something that starts with 192,it should be something completely different.IF it does start with 192 your duma is not in actual passthrough of the AT&T modem / router.

I'm not saying this is your issue but lots of people have done this and had to go back and do it again.

And on the GF it's designed to get you the closest game host depending on the radius you set the GF at.If your near a bank of dedi's ( which I am,80 actually miles) you can set it small or you can set it for a larger radius and experiment with different servers.

The beauty of the GF is no more hosts that are 1500 miles away from you,which will increase your ping and lower the fun factor in your gaming.You decide how far you want to be from the host,which is a really nice change.

• Administrators

I went through the guide and i'm still having speed issues. When i have just the nvg589 running, i can download updates and hit speed tests at 13.50 down by about 1 up, when i have the netduma running with caps at 100% open, i hit like 6-7 down by maybe .25up. Any ideas? I won't be able to do much to my network till after 4-4:30 due to a room mate working from home. Unless of course it doesn't involve reboots  :P 

Also. Side note, I'm a little confused on the geo-filter and how it works differently than say that of just buffing down the upload and forcing your requests out to servers to become shorter, which in turn should just give me the closest dedi? If i confused you at any point just let me know. I'll be around a pc all day. Cheers!

PS: Despite the issues, your router software is truly something beautiful. I appreciate all the hard work you guys have put in, especially when i see all the positive reviews on youtube and reddit. Thanks again!

Try the above for fuzzy and see if that resolves your speed issues. 

It's patent pending technology so can't give out how it works exactly :)

Fantastic to hear that, thank you!

Archived