Arris SB6190+NetGear Nighthawk AC2350+Netduma=Xbox One

Hi, I am not sure if this was the right place to post this... Basically the initial set up that I had was Cable Modem/Netduma/Nighthawk as an AP.   I am paying for 200mps down and 20 Up.  Upon Connection I was getting the Numbers that I am paying for.  But within a day or so my numbers degraded to around 35mps down and about 9mps up and that was Wirelessly.  I then hardwired to the Netduma and my numbers were only  a mb higher than Wirelessly.   So after several hours of troubleshooting and looking through the forum topics here and you tube and the rest of the net and several reboots in the end the results were the same.

Somewhere in this site someone suggested that there might be an issue with Cable Modems and Netduma, if I read it correctly.  At this point i am giving up on the Netduma routing the traffic at the expense of the bandwidth I am paying for.   All I need is for someone to help me configure the Netduma to only have the xbox one connected to it.   

I need help configuring in this order.    Cable Modem, Nighthawk, Netduma, Xbox One.  In this order Netduma seems to be behaving like a swtich more than anything else but if I place it in the initial set up the Netduma is throttheling down the speeds to 1/5th of the actual speeds.  I also noticed i have not been the only one with this issue.  And have tried all the settings suggested by several folks in this site and as mentioned earlier Youtube.

Hi, I am not sure if this was the right place to post this... Basically the initial set up that I had was Cable Modem/Netduma/Nighthawk as an AP.   I am paying for 200mps down and 20 Up.  Upon Connection I was getting the Numbers that I am paying for.  But within a day or so my numbers degraded to around 35mps down and about 9mps up and that was Wirelessly.  I then hardwired to the Netduma and my numbers were only  a mb higher than Wirelessly.   So after several hours of troubleshooting and looking through the forum topics here and you tube and the rest of the net and several reboots in the end the results were the same.

Somewhere in this site someone suggested that there might be an issue with Cable Modems and Netduma, if I read it correctly.  At this point i am giving up on the Netduma routing the traffic at the expense of the bandwidth I am paying for.   All I need is for someone to help me configure the Netduma to only have the xbox one connected to it.   

I need help configuring in this order.    Cable Modem, Nighthawk, Netduma, Xbox One.  In this order Netduma seems to be behaving like a swtich more than anything else but if I place it in the initial set up the Netduma is throttheling down the speeds to 1/5th of the actual speeds.  I also noticed i have not been the only one with this issue.  And have tried all the settings suggested by several folks in this site and as mentioned earlier Youtube.

What modem do you have? Is your netduma up to date?

Edit:Never mind I'm an idiot... Your modem is right in the title.

Go into your modem and disable the EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) setting:

860e532270cdf6a34aea1a2c001f8425.png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you can answer the above advice that will help. 

Though you should be find to get your full settings by doing:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

If you want to set up that way you can, just ensure you have the duma in the Netgear DMZ so you can get an open NAT on your console.

• 2 months later...

Why do you want the nighthawk hooked up so bad?

Just use the modem>netduma and thats it.

I have the 6190 and Netduma they work perfect together.

You might want to check what firmware version you have for the modem   (9.1.93N fixes ping lantency and security issues)

• 2 weeks later...

What modem do you have? Is your netduma up to date?

Edit:Never mind I'm an idiot... Your modem is right in the title.

Go into your modem and disable the EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) setting:

860e532270cdf6a34aea1a2c001f8425.png

Why does that setting matter?  I'm wondering for learning purposes.  Mine I don't think I am able to enable or disable it.  It just does it on its own.

Why does that setting matter?  I'm wondering for learning purposes.  Mine I don't think I am able to enable or disable it.  It just does it on its own.

Because with the SB6183 the model before the SB6190 when they implemented EEE it caused the duma and the SB6183 to not play so nice together.  Some ISPs never release updated firmware or approve it for use on their system so without the ability to disable it you were stuck with a possible issue. On the SB6190 most ISPs provide the updated firmware to allow it to be disabled.   Connection Slapping is the terminology

Archived