PPPoE with Verizon

I have my modem directly connected to my netduma but its not working. i emailed netduma and they said its the PPPoE. speaking in the shout box i was told to go to setting wan and enter my username and login. I don't know what settings they are talking about the verizon modem or the netduma router. the other problem is i don't know my username and password for the netduma so i can't go into the router settings.

• Administrators

You don't know what the username & password is for the duma? If you have a username & password when trying to access the dumas interface then you would have had to manually set this up. If you've forgotten what this is then do a manual reset using the button in the back of the router.

Once you obtain the PPPoE information you would need to put that in the duma settings > WAN.

Access your Verizon interface, you may be able to find the information there - the username is should look like an email. 

If you can't find it there then search for your Verizon model and PPPoE. There may be a default username and password like there is with BT in the UK that you can use.

man this still is not working. i am not sure how to find the PPPoE information on the modem. Everything i see on google says from the Router. i do not want to use the router from verizon. the plan was to send that router back for this netduma one but this is getting too stressful. i am really starting to think i made a mistake buying this router. i have enabled PPPoE on the netduma router but still no change. my ps4 still can't get signal nor is there wifi when connected Modem--->NetDuma R1

Is your verizon router a modem as well? or do you have a stand alone modem?

Have you put in your user name and password in the pppoe settings page?

Are you connecting your R1 and modem to the correct ports via ethernet.

The user name PPPoE is Verizon's authentication user name and password that you need to place in the WAN PPPoE settings page of the duma,

If this is in the Verizon routers GUI then take it from there does not matter if it resides in the modem or the router just as long as you copy it to the duma :)

Archived