is this setup wrong or right

I have a arris surfboard sbg6900-ac cable modem bridged and a nighthawk x6 ac3200 triband wifi router plugged into my cable modem then I have my gigabit switch plugged into my nighthawk. my switch has all the various wired devices around my home plugged into it then my netduma r1 is plugged into the nighthawk and my ps3 and ps4 are plugged into my netduma router. and my netduma is in the in the dmz of my nighthawk. does this sound correct. 

Glad you were able to start a support thread, disregard my other message. :-)

Not my area of expertise, but I would say you really aren't getting the benefits of the Duma as you are only using it FOR your gaming consoles, everything else appears to be in line prior to the Netduma.

Well get you some help here quickly though...

I have a arris surfboard sbg6900-ac cable modem bridged and a nighthawk x6 ac3200 triband wifi router plugged into my cable modem then I have my gigabit switch plugged into my nighthawk. my switch has all the various wired devices around my home plugged into it then my netduma r1 is plugged into the nighthawk and my ps3 and ps4 are plugged into my netduma router. and my netduma is in the in the dmz of my nighthawk. does this sound correct. 

Well you're not taking advantage of the Netduma's best features, the Congestion Control and fq Codel QOS for bufferbloat. 

I would connect the Netduma to the bridged modem, then wire to the Netduma; the gigabit switch, Nighthawk in AP mode, PS4, and Xbox. 

You can also wire the PS4 and Xbox to either the switch or Nighthawk. 

Those two ways will allow you to use all of the Netduma features and still leave you with 2.4g and 5g wifi using the Nighthawk. 

Turn off the Netduma Wifi.

You probably setup your network like that because of how your place is wired, but I suggest taking the time to wire your house so you can take advantage of the Netduma. Right now, you're only taking advantage of the Geo-filter which is fine, but you're missing out on the best stuff. 

Arris (bridged) > Netduma R1 > Netgear > Switch.

Allow the Netduma R1 to take care of congestion control, geo-filter etc...

Have consoles plugged into the Netduma directly but leave 1 port for the Netgear.

Your definitely missing out on one of the best features of the router by not using CC,I would definitely switch your setup around so you can take advantage of this feature.

Archived