Router Slows down internet

So as the topic says, I started having some really slow games on Xbox. So I did an "advanced network diagnosis" said down and up as around 1.5mb which is wrong. 

I took my Surface plugged it directly into my internet router (200mb fiber - so basically bypassing the netduma) and boom 200mb. The Netduma hasn't been rebooted in like 4 weeks. 

So I reboot it, and bang the internet is fine again.

Now I don't know (looking for pointers):

1. Is this just a known issue and I should just reboot it each time I play

2. Is it suppose to do this (I should think not)

3. Anything I can do to stop it from doing this?

I once had a time when mine normally 50mb was downloading at 5mb it only happened once so it may have been a bug that was cause by a setting change that bugged out.

I would not worry, reboots from time to time for all devices are a good thing, all devices can have bugs.

I once had a time when mine normally 50mb was downloading at 5mb it only happened once so it may have been a bug that was cause by a setting change that bugged out.

I would not worry, reboots from time to time for all devices are a good thing all devices can have bugs.

Thank you @Zennon I have no problem rebooting it, I get there can be memory leaks or something funky just wanted to know if this was the case. I'll do a reboot every week or so just to make sure everything figures itself out.

Thank you @Zennon I have no problem rebooting it, I get there can be memory leaks or something funky just wanted to know if this was the case. I'll do a reboot every week or so just to make sure everything figures itself out.

I check my speeds and my pings daily and if they are good I leave it on :)

So as the topic says, I started having some really slow games on Xbox. So I did an "advanced network diagnosis" said down and up as around 1.5mb which is wrong. 

I took my Surface plugged it directly into my internet router (200mb fiber - so basically bypassing the netduma) and boom 200mb. The Netduma hasn't been rebooted in like 4 weeks. 

So I reboot it, and bang the internet is fine again.

Now I don't know (looking for pointers):

1. Is this just a known issue and I should just reboot it each time I play

2. Is it suppose to do this (I should think not)

3. Anything I can do to stop it from doing this?

Sounds like the EEE bug

What is the EEE bug - as a matter of interest?

If your modem has Energy-Efficient Ethernet it causes the exact problem you are describing... I believe this also happened from having the default VPN enabled?? Try going into VPN and see if the enable box is checked, if so uncheck it and click apply.

If your modem has Energy-Efficient Ethernet it causes the exact problem you are describing... I believe this also happened from having the default VPN enabled?? Try going into VPN and see if the enable box is checked, if so uncheck it and click apply.

Let me go check these two settings quick. 

Modem either doesnt have the feature or they just don't have the interface for it.

VPN is not enabled for any device just checked

Modem either doesnt have the feature or they just don't have the interface for it.

VPN is not enabled for any device just checked

It could not be an option in the modem but I don't really know...

Is this happening everyday?

Have you tested after a factory reset from misc settings?

Well to be honest I didn't realize it till recently I started getting hate mail :) for lagging. I went and checked and that was when I started the investigation. Now that I am aware of it, in the last two days, I have had to reboot it twice.

Is this happening everyday?

Have you tested after a factory reset from misc settings?

Good example rebooted it this morning (as above) got home now (evening) booted up Xbox thought let me do a test. Upload sitting at 1.39mbs and download 0.68mbs. Rebooted it again: back to normal

Are any settings changing from before reboot to after reboot? Are you rebooting from miscellaneous settings or unplugging the router and plugging it back in?

Reboot is unplug wait 10 secs plug back in. Dont reboot from menu - should i be?

Archived