Host filter seems to do nothing

JediLogic

I live in South Florida, I have tried changing my geo location multiple times yet I keep getting thrown into the same type of matches, majority of the players in my games are either in Mexico or South America or Cuba and it makes for a horrible playing experience can someone please help me!. Should I keep moving the geo location farther north? I just want to play with players in North America please help.

100 Down 10 up

Reactive

Strict 

35Ms ping

550miles 

I live in South Florida, I have tried changing my geo location multiple times yet I keep getting thrown into the same type of matches, majority of the players in my games are either in Mexico or South America or Cuba and it makes for a horrible playing experience can someone please help me!. Should I keep moving the geo location farther north? I just want to play with players in North America please help.

100 Down 10 up

Reactive

Strict 

35Ms ping

550miles 

If I'm understanding you correctly,your not connecting to host outside your GF radius but players correct ?

If that's the case there is nothing that can be done about that,the duma can't control who else connects to the server that you connect to.If it continues to be an issue you could keep moving your home location until you find more a more stable player base but honestly you'd just be wasting your time IMO.No matter where you set your home location you're going to encounter players from Mexico,Brazil,Cuba,Jamaica etc but of course there are areas that for some reason have less South American players.

I live in Michigan and am 80 actual miles from a huge dedi bank in Illinois and guess what... we have players from all the places you mention in the lobbies on a consistent basis.

Again there really is no way to control who else connects to the server's that we play on,no matter where you live.

If I'm understanding you correctly,your not connecting to host outside your GF radius but players correct ?

If that's the case there is nothing that can be done about that,the duma can't control who else connects to the server that you connect to.If it continues to be an issue you could keep moving your home location until you find more a more stable player base but honestly you'd just be wasting your time IMO.No matter where you set your home location you're going to encounter players from Mexico,Brazil,Cuba,Jamaica etc but of course there are areas that for some reason have less South American players.

I live in Michigan and am 80 actual miles from a huge dedi bank in Illinois and guess what... we have players from all the places you mention in the lobbies on a consistent basis.

Again there really is no way to control who else connects to the server's that we play on,no matter where you live.

Yes I understand that, but I find it a bit odd that it's the majority of the players i'm connecting to, 12 man games and 8 or so of the players are in south america, nearly 90% of the time, just doesn't seem right to me.

• Administrators

Think of it this way, we can't control how it affects other players. At that point they are at the mercy of the game when it comes to what servers to connect to. Follow our advice above and you should be good. You're connection will be better than theirs so you'll have the advantage.

Yes I understand that, but I find it a bit odd that it's the majority of the players i'm connecting to, 12 man games and 8 or so of the players are in south america, nearly 90% of the time, just doesn't seem right to me.

Yeah I get it,and agree it doesn't seem right or in any way logical.Like I said I live in Michigan 80 actual miles from a large dedi bank in Illinois and if I don't enable my GF I get connected to the Texas dedi or the East Coast dedi.

That just goes to show you how bad the forced matchmaking is for the game and players.It's something we as online gamers all go thru...but I agree it isn't right or even logical.

Follow the suggestions above and it will help to make your gaming experience the best it can be... :D

Archived