Keep losing connectivity between R1 and TM722 Modem(Comcast)

Can some one assist me with this issue?  I can connect through my R1 for about 30 min then searches start to time out.  It is like the two devices are not talking.   But when I go to network preferences on my computer it shows every thing is connected.  I'm on an iMac and everything is hardwired.  The desktop>R1>Modem.    Now I do have and Asus as an access point connected the R1 as well and they quit connecting to the internet as well.  Help?   I have to constantly keep sending an refresh signal/ unplugging my modem in order to get service working again.  Hope this makes sense.

• Administrators

Hi Buck,

I haven't seen this problem before. So when you connect the Asus directly into the modem AND you when you connect the R1 directly into the modem you get disconnects in both scenarios? 

If so its most likely a modem problem and you should call your ISP.

I will try the asus to the modem and remove the r1 from the setup and get back to you on that.  But I called Comcast and they were blaming the routers.  They had me connect my desktop directly to the modem and still I could not connect.  I didnt this it would because I thought that you needed a router in the the setup somewhere in order to get the mac address because all I have from them a modem with telephony capabilities.  

I removed the R1 from my setup and no loss of connectivity.  I don't know what it could be.  The R1 is not communicating well with the Comcast TM722 Modem.  

Sorry it continues to occur -- I think I am going to go purchase a modem and get rid of this current modem.  

• Administrators

Hi Buck,

One of the guys at Cox and a user here(lilstone) found this error on modems(big thanks to them). You can see more here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1611-buffering-and-latency/?p=23017

I think the modem manufacturer is looking into a firmware upgrade to fix the modem. Could this be the issue your discussing? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived