Router isn't working

D3mon1c

I don't know what happened but when I try to find the ping of a server it keeps saying that error message about vpn or firewall it can't be firewall cause I uninstalled anti virus & turned off firewall on windows 10 so I tried vpn to disable although no matter how many times I try to do that when I goto another page on router & back it still has a check mark on it but I don't have a service listed with it & also it said "Failed to communicate with router" & 1 last thing I tried to reboot router from miscellaneous but it won't reboot at all which is weird 

So long story short the router still filters the games as always but when it/I ping server/person it won't work, when I try to turn off vpn it keeps saying failed to communicate with router & when I try to reboot router from settings it doesn't reboot

• Netduma Staff

Could you try resetting the router manually, or exporting your settings (To back them up, if you wish) and factory resetting? If that doesn't fix your problems straight away, could you right-click on the VPN page, click "Inspect Element", and see if there are any errors highlighted in red?

The firewall issue could be caused by an ad blocker running in the background. Try disabling all ad blockers and see if that solves it.

I already tried reseting manually & disabled adblocker off that page long ago that didn't help either but how do I export settings im not exactly sure how to do that one 

• Netduma Staff

I already tried reseting manually & disabled adblocker off that page long ago that didn't help either but how do I export settings im not exactly sure how to do that one 

Can you follow these instructions and see if it helps :)

As I said b4 I already disabled the adblocker extension I have, none of the services have a check mark for it for vpn & I uninstalled anti virus just to be sure if it was that even turned off firewall on my laptop none of these things helped 

• Netduma Staff

Ok. Try what a factory reset like Jack said. If you want to save your settings go to Profiles, press the "Save Current Settings" tab, save your settings then export it from the "Manage Profiles" tab. Once you've factory reset you can restore your settings from this.

Is there another way to reset it cause I did it from the settings menu & nothing happened just like when I tried rebooting im still able to get on internet it didn't make a beep noise & I didn't lose connection at all 

• Netduma Staff

Is there another way to reset it cause I did it from the settings menu & nothing happened just like when I tried rebooting im still able to get on internet it didn't make a beep noise & I didn't lose connection at all 

You can reset by pressing the little button on the back (don't hold it, just press it once).

I factory resetted by unplugging everything & leaving it unplugged for a minute & now it can ping again... Although im still not sure how that problem started on me not getting the pings any tips you can lend me to hopefully avoid this situation in the future?

• Netduma Staff

I factory resetted by unplugging everything & leaving it unplugged for a minute & now it can ping again... Although im still not sure how that problem started on me not getting the pings any tips you can lend me to hopefully avoid this situation in the future?

Hmm, I'm not sure. It may have just been some rare bug - hopefully you won't see it again.

Unfortunately sometimes things happen like this happen with electronic devices and it takes a factory reset to get everything up and running again again.And yes it's frustrating as hell as there is no pattern or explanation as to why it happened,if you knew what caused it,you could fix it.

Let's just hope it's fixed and won't be an issue again... :D

• Netduma Staff

Yeh this seems like a one off occurrence; we've never encountered that bug in a form that can't be fixed by simply turning off the firewall/adblock etc. Hopefully you'll never encounter that again, but if you do, please let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Archived