Dedi server

Lyncho84

• Netduma Staff

Not always. It depends on the game. Some games only allow you to connect to dedicated servers in which case you would connect to it if it was inside your GeoFilter. Other games you would connect to a player host even if the dedicated server was inside your GeoFilter. :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Lyncho,

The idea is to try minimise your ping but the number completely depends on where you live and what your base internet connection is like. What pings are you getting? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

speedtest ping is irrelevant to gaming. Next time you play check out the ping graph, do you know how to do that? 

Guest Netduma Fraser

If its really spikey it could be the dedi or local congestion if theres many devices in your home. Are you using the anti-flood sliders/device prioritisation in Congestion Control to rule this out?

• Netduma Staff

Can anyone let me know kind of ping range I should stay away from??

Well I see that your base ping is 40ms. I would say that anything above 80ms is something you want to stay away from :) Tbh though its very subjective.

I set my ping assist to 80ms, but I still get connected to a dedi thats pinging 120ms with strict mode enabled!  #thepainisreal

my ping as is 24. works a treat. no dedi servers here

Talby are you located in a UK? im in the US and constantly connect to dedicated servers. Can you post or describe your settings?

I believe he pins himself right on the dedicated server and then snaps (down arrow and lines right above strict box). I've actually been using that setup and having pretty good results. I went positive every game Wednesday night over a 3 hour period. Never once had a negative game and that's probably the first time ever. I actually opened it up to about 750 miles after I snapped it.

Make sure you back out and restart the game if you do move your pin or it won't recognize it. That's per Lain. :)

Hmm does he use strict mode and ping assist? Whenever i try this with strict mode and ping, i connect to another server outside the filter. If i snap then use strict mode with no ping assist, it constantly boots me out of lobbies before joining games

Ps4. Hope they revert back to p2p soon. Still pretty unplayable and inconsistent. Ive tried everything and more and these servers are ruining the game. Funny thing is i have a 2.13 kd and 454 spm playing solo and fighting against lag. Any suggestions or help would be nice

I believe he pins himself right on the dedicated server and then snaps (down arrow and lines right above strict box). I've actually been using that setup and having pretty good results. I went positive every game Wednesday night over a 3 hour period. Never once had a negative game and that's probably the first time ever. I actually opened it up to about 750 miles after I snapped it.

Make sure you back out and restart the game if you do move your pin or it won't recognize it. That's per Lain. :)

Nope thats not me. Pin set to newcastle upon tyne and geo set to 192miles with PA off. I just miss the irish server and europe server so it always puts me in p2p. Game plays soo much better.

Archived