TMartn / Syndicate Exposed

JConnor

Maybe you've heard the recent online drama, maybe you have not?

It has to do with CSGO, but the connection to CoD is obvious.

This is why Supply Crates, and other micro transactions in games that use this "pay for a chance to win something" model are akin to underage gambling depending on the definition of local jurisdictions.

It's also a warning for parents to monitor their underage (including teenage) children's online activities as well as their own monthly credit card statements as well.

As for Trevor Martin... He's a slimy fuck that walks and talks like a used car salesman all day, every day, IMO. I feel like I need to take a shower after watching just five minutes of his crap...

All of these major youtubers are paid for their opinions. Plain and simple. They will do or say anything to benefit their own monetary gain.

The only people I trust are Angry Joe and Bdobbinsftw. Notice how they are never invited to do motion capture at IW studios.

If we look beyond the initial "Oh, these guys did something bad and got caught! Swish!", drama, this has much deeper implications for new media as a whole, unfortunately.

It appears Trevor and ProSydnicate may in fact own not just one CSGO betting website, but multiple ones under different names.

This means they can continue to fleece naive kids by simply denying their involvement with troubled sites and direct kids over to another "safe" site while still benefiting from it as if nothing happened.

This also brings up the larger issue of transparency... or lack of... How many new media (Youtube, Twitch, Vimeo, etc.) producers don't have to disclose the full intent of their content e.g. a paid-for (sponsored) stream, or a review video that gives a "favorable" rating to a game, or product made by the very company doing the review!

This may be nothing new to us old farts, but when we are talking about video games & online personalities... These men and women have far more sway over impressionable young minds and wallets than even Hollywood, and Sports celebrities combined due to the immediate and intimate nature of video games and their communities.

This also damages honest content producers who play by the rules because now, as with all new media, the outside world will look upon Youtube, Twitch, etc. as "corrupting" influences when what just happened is a small portion of what is going on compared to the many positives new media has resulted in such as unbiased user reviews for bad games & products, broadcasting cultural revolutions as they unfold without political censorship and raising awareness and funds for noble causes such as disabled Veterans, the homeless and other charities.

Some more follow up:

I know WhiteboyThirst has kind of fallen in the CoD Community, but he brings up some valid points... Namely what "Video Game Attorney" references, and I hope to God, Trevor Martin, and others involved go to jail for a very long time. I hope they lose everything (assets, homes, fans) and maybe, just maybe they will come out human beings on the other side, but it's doubtful.

I used to produce YT videos back in 2009, purely for fun and my love of video games. I am glad I got out in 2012, because YT is nothing but narcissistic drama kings & queens Vlogs with no real content, IMO.

Twitch has replaced YT as far as actual video game content goes, and I am privileged to know some of the top streamers outside their streams. They are decent people who have suffered tragedies in their lives, and they have earned the fame they now enjoy. They are not greedy enough to do what Trevor, and his ilk tried to do. These streamers love their communities and realize the position they are in and what it takes to maintain it from a moral perspective.

The other ironic thing WBT brought up is Activision is going to treat Trevor, Persona Non Grata come November when Infinite Warfare, launches - LOL.

Activision is not going to want to anything to do with this mess and will cover their own assess and pretend TMartn never existed. That's irony -- When a money-grubbing corporation who is doing the same thing with Supply Drops shuns another money-grubbing individual because that individual crossed a line even they won't. Gotta love the company these immoral bastards keep, but there is "honor among thieves" in a weird, sort-of way...

What I find truly exposing is the way everyone in the YT community is trying to suddenly weigh in and take some moral high ground.

I saw a tweet that was retweeted last night by a good friend I have on here.  No names, this isn't that kind of rant.

The tweet basically was a self serving PSA about "The channels that are talking about this subject are doing so for their interests, not yours".  Here's me, innocent and on the high ground, praise me.

That really pissed me off - because YT is a community where people play games, then record THEIR THOUGHTS over that game play they got because they played a POPULAR game, and then have the stones to MONETIZE their thoughts for views?!?

How are you NOT doing that for your personal interest?  Are you cashing the check?  Yes, then SHUT THE FUCK UP!  

Just because you didn't break this story, and didn't get 17 trillion views, doesn't mean you suddenly qualify for Sainthood.

Just sayin'

YMMV

I don't agree with what these guys did, it's a despicable act IMO but people who'll milk it because they can't be more creative to talk about important topics other than TmarTN etc... Is in the realm as being just as lowly IMO.

As the saying goes, opinions are like....

The other ironic thing WBT brought up is Activision is going to treat Trevor, Persona Non Grata come November when Infinite Warfare, launches - LOL.

Activision is not going to want to anything to do with this mess and will cover their own assess and pretend TMartn never existed. That's irony -- When a money-grubbing corporation who is doing the same thing with Supply Drops shuns another money-grubbing individual because that individual crossed a line even they won't. Gotta love the company these immoral bastards keep, but there is "honor among thieves" in a weird, sort-of way...

Which proves that not only does Activision pay in money, but they pay in material items such as early access and unreleased footage to these big channels who make huge profits from it because they're the only ones who have it. A la being invited to IW for a motion capture event.

Analysis (as if any was needed) from the original journalists who broke the story:

I hope Trevor Martin, JoshOG and Prosyndicate all go to jail for a very long time, and... Kids wakeup and unsubscribe from these greedy, narcissistic assholes.

Can we take a minute and look at this from a bit of an objective viewpoint here?

IDK anything about either of these guys.  I have watched a video here and there by them, but they were not my cuppa, so I blew them off and kept going.

Leave out the jealousy, and with that you have to be able to excuse the absolute DOUCHE behavior they have both exhibited, over and over again.  But, they are both young and have "new money", so us grey-haired, crotchety, old farts are supposed to blow that type of thing off as "that's just how the younger kids roll".  

So okay, clean slate.  Let's look at the possible outcome, worst case.

This has the potential to result in FELONY charges that may, or may not, include jail time.

Now in the US, here are some Rights that a convicted felon MAY lose, depending on severity of the crime and jurisdiction it was committed/where they live:

As a Felon you CAN NOT participate in:

• Voting
  • Traveling abroad
  • The right to bear arms or own guns
  • Jury service
  • Employment in certain fields
  • Public social benefits and housing
  • Parental benefits

Now from that list many of those items may not mean much.  Young kids don't usually Vote unless they come from an overly active voting household, owning a firearm may or may not be something of interest, Jury service is no prize.  So you can whitewash those away with a "Meh" if you want.

However:

Employment in certain fields:  Even if they had a degree, they may no longer be able to pass a background check, thus negating employment.  Is there anyone confident that the money you have NOW is going to the last the rest of your life, given your known tastes and spending habits?  If so, congrats, you have practically won the game of life.  However, for most us, we continue to work to insure we don't end up living in a cardboard box under a bridge down by the river. 

But, they are rich, right?  They don't need to work.

Traveling Abroad:  You know what rich people like to do?  They like to travel.  Usually to exotic locales and post pictures about it.  With a FELONY conviction, in this example Trevor, won't be able to even go to Canada or Mexico on a day trip, let alone a vacation to Europe to watch/play/post from some event.

Parental Benefits:  Who cares if you don't have kids, right?  Well, one thing about Narcissistic personalities, like these, is they have a grandiose sense of self and their own impact on the world around them.  They are going to want a "legacy" and that USUALLY involves some poor soul being born to one of these types and getting a name like " Sir Alexander Richy Rich Trevor Martin the Fifth" and shit like that.  Which is all fine and good until their Daddies' personality alienates the Baby momma and she takes them to court for divorce, custody and alimony.

Any of you guys follow rap music?  Look up ANY rapper from the 80's-90's and see how broke those poor bastards are from all the child support they have had to pay because they can't have custody of their minor children, among other stupid shit like having $150K/year friends on the payroll and paying for everything.

I bring this up because while I don't personally care for either of these guys, I don't think the full impact of what can happen to them has officially sunk in yet. The losing of a YT partnership (Tmart) and the loss/severe reduction of revenue from your YT channel (both) is going to hurt, but NOT NEARLY as much as the mountain of shit waiting to surprise them in their mailboxes in the coming years (multiple lawsuits already pending).  

Those "little items" are just a side note to what would happen if US based charges were to result in jail time.  I haven't seen a gamer in the YT community of "big time players" that is built for doing real time.  Even in Club Fed, a guy like T Mart is going to have a WORLD of new experiences waiting for him.   :huh:

So while you may be secretly wishing for guys like this to fall (Personally Dipt0r - I still have my eyes on you, scumbag) let's not lose sight of the fact that this literally is their whole life they just threw away.

Can we take a minute and look at this from a bit of an objective viewpoint here?

IDK anything about either of these guys.  I have watched a video here and there by them, but they were not my cuppa, so I blew them off and kept going.

Leave out the jealousy, and with that you have to be able to excuse the absolute DOUCHE behavior they have both exhibited, over and over again.  But, they are both young and have "new money", so us grey-haired, crotchety, old farts are supposed to blow that type of thing off as "that's just how the younger kids roll".  

So okay, clean slate.  Let's look at the possible outcome, worst case.

This has the potential to result in FELONY charges that may, or may not, include jail time.

Now in the US, here are some Rights that a convicted felon MAY lose, depending on severity of the crime and jurisdiction it was committed/where they live:

As a Felon you CAN NOT participate in:

• Voting
  • Traveling abroad
  • The right to bear arms or own guns
  • Jury service
  • Employment in certain fields
  • Public social benefits and housing
  • Parental benefits

Now from that list many of those items may not mean much.  Young kids don't usually Vote unless they come from an overly active voting household, owning a firearm may or may not be something of interest, Jury service is no prize.  So you can whitewash those away with a "Meh" if you want.

However:

Employment in certain fields:  Even if they had a degree, they may no longer be able to pass a background check, thus negating employment.  Is there anyone confident that the money you have NOW is going to the last the rest of your life, given your known tastes and spending habits?  If so, congrats, you have practically won the game of life.  However, for most us, we continue to work to insure we don't end up living in a cardboard box under a bridge down by the river. 

But, they are rich, right?  They don't need to work.

Traveling Abroad:  You know what rich people like to do?  They like to travel.  Usually to exotic locales and post pictures about it.  With a FELONY conviction, in this example Trevor, won't be able to even go to Canada or Mexico on a day trip, let alone a vacation to Europe to watch/play/post from some event.

Parental Benefits:  Who cares if you don't have kids, right?  Well, one thing about Narcissistic personalities, like these, is they have a grandiose sense of self and their own impact on the world around them.  They are going to want a "legacy" and that USUALLY involves some poor soul being born to one of these types and getting a name like " Sir Alexander Richy Rich Trevor Martin the Fifth" and shit like that.  Which is all fine and good until their Daddies' personality alienates the Baby momma and she takes them to court for divorce, custody and alimony.

Any of you guys follow rap music?  Look up ANY rapper from the 80's-90's and see how broke those poor bastards are from all the child support they have had to pay because they can't have custody of their minor children, among other stupid shit like having $150K/year friends on the payroll and paying for everything.

I bring this up because while I don't personally care for either of these guys, I don't think the full impact of what can happen to them has officially sunk in yet. The losing of a YT partnership (Tmart) and the loss/severe reduction of revenue from your YT channel (both) is going to hurt, but NOT NEARLY as much as the mountain of shit waiting to surprise them in their mailboxes in the coming years (multiple lawsuits already pending).  

Those "little items" are just a side note to what would happen if US based charges were to result in jail time.  I haven't seen a gamer in the YT community of "big time players" that is built for doing real time.  Even in Club Fed, a guy like T Mart is going to have a WORLD of new experiences waiting for him.   :huh:

So while you may be secretly wishing for guys like this to fall (Personally Dipt0r - I still have my eyes on you, scumbag) let's not lose sight of the fact that this literally is their whole life they just threw away.

I'm 26 and I hope every youtube scum bag liar is held accountable for their actions and deception. Whether it's tfartn or anyone else who is flat out lying to their viewers.

Let's not forget they are the reason why most AAA games suck so badly these days.

I'm 26 and I hope every youtube scum bag liar is held accountable for their actions and deception. Whether it's tfartn or anyone else who is flat out lying to their viewers.

And I don't disagree with you in that I want them held accountable, IF THEY ARE FOUND GUILTY.  

Right now, they have been "given a trial" and convicted to extensive butt rape AND/OR death in the court of public opinion.

In that time since the "news" broke and we have "sat in judgement":

• Fans have been lost
  • Reputations, good/bad or indifferent, have been tarnished
  • Sponsorship(s) have been lost, or are in SERIOUS talks about being cancelled
  • TMart's partnership has been revoked (according to Eight Thoughts Twitter)
  • Both have no doubt taken a serious hit to monthly income

Keep in mind that both of these guys, PROBABLY, built these platforms they sit on, themselves.  They didn't buy an old YT channel and rebrand it with 3 million subs.  Whether they "earned it" in your eyes is irrelevant for the sake of this argument.

Now I ask you, would you be comfortable losing EVERYTHING, including your standing in the community in which you work (You Tube), your weekly or bi-weekly pay AMOUNT and a litany of other things, based on allegations alone?

I personally would not.

Let's not forget they are the reason why most AAA games suck so badly these days.

I think this statement gives them too much credit personally.  Even with weapons grade mouthpieces, like the kinds used by Presidential Candidates, they couldn't "degrade the game" if the public didn't follow along in lock step, not thinking for themselves.

With you being 26 and getting ready to inherit the mantle of larger leadership going forward, these will be the folks right behind you.  So yeah.....Good luck?   :unsure:

And I don't disagree with you in that I want them held accountable, IF THEY ARE FOUND GUILTY.  

Right now, they have been "given a trial" and convicted to extensive butt rape AND/OR death in the court of public opinion.

In that time since the "news" broke and we have "sat in judgement":

• Fans have been lost
  • Reputations, good/bad or indifferent, have been tarnished
  • Sponsorship(s) have been lost, or are in SERIOUS talks about being cancelled
  • TMart's partnership has been revoked (according to Eight Thoughts Twitter)
  • Both have no doubt taken a serious hit to monthly income

Keep in mind that both of these guys, PROBABLY, built these platforms they sit on, themselves.  They didn't buy an old YT channel and rebrand it with 3 million subs.  Whether they "earned it" in your eyes is irrelevant for the sake of this argument.

Now I ask you, would you be comfortable losing EVERYTHING, including your standing in the community in which you work (You Tube), your weekly or bi-weekly pay AMOUNT and a litany of other things, based on allegations alone?

I personally would not.

I mean it's clear as day they are guilty. The video says "we found a cool site" and it was not disclosed anywhere that they own it, sponsored by them, or anything except here's a link... Then they went back and added it in the description after the cat was out of the bag. That's clear violation of FTC law about disclosing the info. What are the punishments for it? Who knows.

The fact that sponsors have already left them shows they know what kind of trouble these two are in. Now I'm not saying send them to death row. But I do believe they should lose everything they have for the shady work they did to acquire it.

I think this statement gives them too much credit personally.  Even with weapons grade mouthpieces, like the kinds used by Presidential Candidates, they couldn't "degrade the game" if the public didn't follow along in lock step, not thinking for themselves.

With you being 26 and getting ready to inherit the mantle of larger leadership going forward, these will be the folks right behind you.  So yeah.....Good luck?   :unsure:

The public trusted that these (what seems like average) people's opinions and facts were true

Have you seen the actual findings that were allegedly forwarded to the FTC AND are you a lawyer?

I watched a video where he claims to have found a site (which he owns) and does not disclose that he owns it. Do I need to be a lawyer to know you must disclose that information or it is against the law?

There has been no trial, ALL the facts have not been put forth but what has and the responses from Tmartn himself that we have seen so far say that they are a s guilty as hell.

The courts have the ability I think (I live in the UK) to freeze assets etc and at the end of the day from what I have seen so far (even looking at it objectively) these guys are going to have a rough time.

Tough shit baby. Welcome to the real world.

I have been in a position of wealth and prosperity, At a very young age and I stuck my fingers up at authority and the proper way of doing things. (however I never ripped anybody off except the tax man/IRS) Plus I was honest with everybody except the tax man/IRS.

I lost everything and owed £75000.00. I was on skid row, Homeless with just the clothes on my back, but I built myself back up and paid every damn penny back to the tax office. (back then about 27 years ago that was a lot of money)

The biggest crime these people have done (they aint no kids, they know what they are doing and they know it is wrong) is commit the sin of GREED.

They did not need to do what they have done but they got greedy. Christ just look at the house and the cars on the drive.

In my book, popular view or not. Fuck em, let them learn from their mistake and try if they have the character to come back from their self imposed misfortune.

Doing so for me has made me a better person all round, and I am living limping proof that you can conquer adversity with the right attitude.

This is the biggest problem I have seen, Tmartn tried in his "Im sorry.....so sorry..... mistakes are part of being young" Video actually tried to blame his viewers for not understanding that he was the damned owner of the lotto site. Well fuck me maybe if you had told people instead of saying you stumbled across this really cool site and omitting the fact that you owned it, people may have understood.

Oh well at least he still has a career as the voice over for Mort the pharmacist from Family Guy with the lisp.

Just my £10.00's worth.

Peace out yall.

I watched a video where he claims to have found a site (which he owns) and does not disclose that he owns it. Do I need to be a lawyer to know you must disclose that information or it is against the law?

Okay, so we agree.  You haven't seen the information that was forwarded, allegedly, to the FTC.  You watched a video and you most likely watched a video ABOUT that video and from there you formed what you feel is a "right and just" opinion.

And OJ wasn't guilty of killing his wife and Ron Goldman.

And Robert Durst didn't get away with two murders, through TWO trials

And William Kennedy Smith didn't rape that girl

And Ted Kennedy didn't leave a Mary Jo to drown in the back of his car as it sank to the bottom of the river

You know what all those people have in common?  They had money when they "allegedly" committed the crime.

The same situation applies here.  And Syndicate isn't even a US Citizen, so whatever rules the FTC may, or may not have, are going to have to deal with THAT hurdle as well.

It's not what you know, or what you think you know, it's what you can prove.

And until you are PROVEN to be guilty, you should not have your "career" - such that it is - stripped from you.

Archived