Profiles – Unable to update hyper services.: Duplicate service.

SmallCaps

Dear Netduma,

I get this message about 25% of the time when applying/changing Profiles.

Error

Unable to apply settings because: 'Unable to update hyper services.: Duplicate service.'. Please contact http://forum.netduma.comwith this message.

So now I am contacting forum.netduma.com.  ;)

It is usually no problem. I just apply the chosen profile again and everything is dandy. Just curious why it happens and what I can do to avoid it in the future.

It always occur when switching from Non-Gaming to a custom made profile.

All the best!

I had similar issues with profiles so often that I just stopped using them, never did work it out really.

I think it has to do with trying to apply a profile to change a setting that is already set.

For example:

Your Xbox is in 'hyperlane'.

If you then apply a profile that wants to put the Xbox in the hyperlane (where it already is) it causes a clash.

You are probably right about the clash.

Changing profiles is vital for me when playing PvP in Destiny. I must use them because of my low bandwidth. Only 0.6-0.9mbit upload. When I work I go Non-Gaming and when doing Crucible I use my special version of the preinstalled Destiny profile. Works great. Green bar all the way. :)

I believe that error will come up when it sees the same service in the hyper lane that is in the Profile you selected. 

So if you have your Xbox in the hyper lane then change to a profile that has the Xbox in it's hyper lane, you will get that error. 

I just leave Hyper Lane out of any of my profiles.

Since you can have multiple services in the hyper lane, i.e. both PS4 and Xbox1, there's no need to add the hyper lane to your profile.

Archived