The Division Hit Detection HELP!

I don't know what is with my connection in this game.  I run very high DPS, crit damage, crit chance, rate of fire etc., yet it takes me a ridiculous number of shots to kill players in PVP in the DZ. 

I watch some videos of other players dropping people in 2 seconds and I dont get it, some of whom I believe have weaker character builds than I do.  I recognize that this game is not yet fully supported, so the geo filter and such are only of marginal help in reducing the lag part of the equation.

So my question to any Duma division players is have you found any settings that improve hit detection for you? Thanks

Until The Division is supported no . You are probably being constantly connected to foriegn hosts giving you terrible hit detection , lag , ect. at least in my experiences.

Sorry I don't play this game (yet?) and I don't know that it is supported.

Having said that:

One of the key features of this router is the ability to RATE your P2P hosts.  If you have a host that is giving you better games, rate them higher with the slider and "Update" button.  This will INCREASE your odds drastically of joining that host again if you are in the same lobby.

Sounds like a needle in a haystack, right?

Not really.  We are creatures of habit.  Most of us have jobs (8 plus hours of the day), sleep needs (4-10 hours depending on who you are) and "other" duties.  That leaves small windows to get our game on.  It's the same for other people in your area, zip code and time zone.

When I was only playing BO2, I had a huge library of good hosts.  When I had to reset the router (bricked during a #Canary test cycle), I lost my beautiful library and had to start over.

Turns out it only took me a few nights of playing to start getting lobbies to repeat with good hosts.

The trick is to make sure and rate good hosts highly.  Even if the players are "better" than you, iron sharpens iron.... as they say.

Might help a little bit as you are waiting for this game to be optimized for the Duma.

The Division runs on dedicated servers and the problem is it might put you on a random foreign server making rating your own p2p hosts a daunting task becuase the geo-filter is not supported and you have no control to what dedicated server you are connecting to.

The Division runs on dedicated servers and the problem is it might put you on a random foreign sever making rating your own p2p hosts a daunting task becuase the geo-filter is not supported and you have no control to what dedicated server you are connecting to.

I see, and my mistake.  I had read PVP above, as P2P in quick reading.  My apologies brother.  Fraser hits the forums hard at least once a work day, so maybe he has some news for you by this time tomorrow.

I see, and my mistake. I had read PVP above, as P2P in quick reading. My apologies brother. Fraser hits the forums hard at least once a work day, so maybe he has some news for you by this time tomorrow.

No worries You are always helping other forum members which is greatly appreciated.

I don't know what is with my connection in this game.  I run very high DPS, crit damage, crit chance, rate of fire etc., yet it takes me a ridiculous number of shots to kill players in PVP in the DZ. 

I watch some videos of other players dropping people in 2 seconds and I dont get it, some of whom I believe have weaker character builds than I do.  I recognize that this game is not yet fully supported, so the geo filter and such are only of marginal help in reducing the lag part of the equation.

So my question to any Duma division players is have you found any settings that improve hit detection for you? Thanks

What's your gear score?  What's your level in the DZ?  You may have run into some players that have farmed the ultimate gear sets too.  If they use their signature skill and have super high gear sets it's next to impossible to take them out, especially on your own. Also like others have said it seems like the servers don't really care where they place a brother.  People are saying they are regularly getting thrown into lobbies thousands of miles away for no apparent reason. Have you tried setting your Geo location in the ocean with the smallest radius as you can make and going with Ping Assist only?

• Administrators

I tested the game the other day and managed to get hosts all within my radius. What occurs when you try to use the Geo-filter? 

Ensure you're using congestion control & hyper traffic to eliminate any lag on your end.

What's your gear score?  What's your level in the DZ?  You may have run into some players that have farmed the ultimate gear sets too.  If they use their signature skill and have super high gear sets it's next to impossible to take them out, especially on your own. Also like others have said it seems like the servers don't really care where they place a brother.  People are saying they are regularly getting thrown into lobbies thousands of miles away for no apparent reason. Have you tried setting your Geo location in the ocean with the smallest radius as you can make and going with Ping Assist only?

I tested the game the other day and managed to get hosts all within my radius. What occurs when you try to use the Geo-filter? 

Ensure you're using congestion control & hyper traffic to eliminate any lag on your end.

Thanks for the initial feedback

I'm a level 90 in the DZ with a 200-210 gear score depending on which pieces I use (No 240's since I REFUSED to use any glitches for the incursion mission like many. I only know a few who have done it legit).  I'm even using 4 piece Sentry gear set which can do plenty of damage with stacked headshots.  Don't get me wrong, I kill plenty of players.  I understand the stat based damage system quite well.  I run 250 DPS setups quite regularly, as well as alternative skill based setups which can be equally powerful, so I'm pretty well geared actually.  Weird because it feels like I'm shooting marshmellows compared to others at times.

what I am really talking about is the hit registration and lag (two related but separate issues). I watch videos of other players with weaker setups with much faster time to kill.  I can see the difference in bullet registration. I'm on a Fios fiber connection with good base bandwith and ping (100/75, 12ms), the geofilter with range to minimum and ping assist set to less than 60ms, an A on bufferbloat and quality, CC set at 70/70, and hyperlane to my xbox set to the xbl service, and every known port for XBL and the division game opened. And the Geo often shows my hosts in Kansas with a ping of less than 25ms (I'm in NY). I'm guessing some may be mislocated.

Yet something feels off.  I skip a lot when running in the DZ.  Enemies seem to warp at times.  And a good number of bullets that visually are hitting center mass get no damage indicators.  I don't know what's wrong.  Anyone else?

Has anyone done any particularly tweaks for this game?  Any Verizon Fios users in particular?

Thanks guys

• Administrators

what I am really talking about is the hit registration and lag (two related but separate issues). I watch videos of other players with weaker setups with much faster time to kill.  I can see the difference in bullet registration. I'm on a Fios fiber connection with good base bandwith and ping (100/75, 12ms), the geofilter with range to minimum and ping assist set to less than 60ms, an A on bufferbloat and quality, CC set at 70/70, and hyperlane to my xbox set to the xbl service, and every known port for XBL and the division game opened. And the Geo often shows my hosts in Kansas with a ping of less than 25ms (I'm in NY). I'm guessing some may be mislocated.

Yet something feels off.  I skip a lot when running in the DZ.  Enemies seem to warp at times.  And a good number of bullets that visually are hitting center mass get no damage indicators.  I don't know what's wrong.  Anyone else?

Has anyone done any particularly tweaks for this game?  Any Verizon Fios users in particular?

Thanks guys

Is that a definite lag issue? 25ms is a great ping. Could it be that the game is buggy at all?

Is that a definite lag issue? 25ms is a great ping. Could it be that the game is buggy at all?

The game is DEFINITELY a bit buggy.  Its my only real gripe with it because it is otherwise a great game.  Yet buggy or not, I dont understand why I seem to have such a different experience with hit detection than others that I see.  I imagine the game is universal buggy for everyone, but the hit detection seems to be more consistent for others.  

Archived