How to set up bridge mode?

zombitroid

This is a question regarding the setup process of bridge mode on the net duma side.

I set my ISP router/modem to bridge mode, I entered in the PPPOE username and password and the internet worked fine. Is this it? Are there

any other things that I need to do at this point?

What is Clone Mac?

WLAN/VLAN?

Why does the internet work even though I never copied over the WAN IP ip address, subnet mask, gateway ip, and dns servers? I read on the wiki that you are supposed to copy over these numbers from the isp hub. Is there something wrong? Am I messing up?

thank you in advance, and please do reply with any comments you may have regarding this issue.

When you placed your modem/router into Bridge Mode, did some of the settings options on it become unavailable? On mine in AP mode settings options like: Port Forwarding,Dynamic DNS, Static Route, UPnP, IPv6 , LAN ,WAN, lost ability to be changed. The only advanced settings now active deal with the wireless.  I can change channels and turn radios on or off, but most of the routers main settings became inert.

When I put mine into AP mode all I had to do was check 1 box and the router did everything on its own.  The hardest part was finding the box to check which turned in into an AP instead of a router. I know this is different than Bridge Mode, but it seems to me if you changed it to BM and everything works, maybe your job is done?  

when you check the R1's WAN settings are there numbers in the IP, subnet, gateway, and DNS? 

as far as your Clone MAC and WLAN/VLAN questions, I can't help out because I don't know enough to advise you properly

When you placed your modem/router into Bridge Mode, did some of the settings options on it become unavailable? On mine in AP mode settings options like: Port Forwarding,Dynamic DNS, Static Route, UPnP, IPv6 , LAN ,WAN, lost ability to be changed. The only advanced settings now active deal with the wireless.  I can change channels and turn radios on or off, but most of the routers main settings became inert.

When I put mine into AP mode all I had to do was check 1 box and the router did everything on its own.  The hardest part was finding the box to check which turned in into an AP instead of a router. I know this is different than Bridge Mode, but it seems to me if you changed it to BM and everything works, maybe your job is done?  

when you check the R1's WAN settings are there numbers in the IP, subnet, gateway, and DNS? 

as far as your Clone MAC and WLAN/VLAN questions, I can't help out because I don't know enough to advise you properly

Hey, thank you so much for your reply. You asked some good questions and made some good points.

No I dont see any numbers in the WAN IP settings tab under PPPoE. This is why I posted this topic.

I think it is strange how my netduma seems to be able to connect to everything simply using the PPPOE username and password. 

And also yea my router is pretty much the same, except when I put it into bridge mode ALL of the settings become locked and the only way to get the modem router out of

bridge mode is by resetting it completely.

I just want to be sure that I have set up bridge mode correctly, because I am still having difficulties and I was hoping bridge mode would fix them. Thanks again,

jeff

Don'the give up brother, I can guarantee some smart person is going to pipe up here and set you straight in about 2 sentences. You're almost complete, but I'm thinking if there aren't any values in your WAN area of the R1 and there are guides saying you need to place those values there, you probably need them. You could try resetting your modem/router and getting the IP info from it and then place it back in BM and enter in the values into the R1 and see what happens.

What troubles are you having?

• Administrators

If your internet is working just fine after what you have done I wouldn't worry about any extra settings. 

Things you need to ask yourself now is, are you receiving your full speeds? 

Can all devices get internet through the duma? 

What are the issues you're having that you hoped this could help with?

I agree with what Major said. That was how I got it to work also. I too have DSL service and was able to put my Pace 5268 modem/Router in bridge Mode (AT&T calls it DMZ plus) and place my Netgear DD-WRT flashed Router behind it and the Duma behind the Netgear. The Duma was getting internet but my consoles connected to it were not.

This is a question regarding the setup process of bridge mode on the net duma side.

I set my ISP router/modem to bridge mode, I entered in the PPPOE username and password and the internet worked fine. Is this it? Are there

any other things that I need to do at this point?

What is Clone Mac?

WLAN/VLAN?

Why does the internet work even though I never copied over the WAN IP ip address, subnet mask, gateway ip, and dns servers? I read on the wiki that you are supposed to copy over these numbers from the isp hub. Is there something wrong? Am I messing up?

thank you in advance, and please do reply with any comments you may have regarding this issue.

If your internet is working just fine after what you have done I wouldn't worry about any extra settings. 

Things you need to ask yourself now is, are you receiving your full speeds? 

Can all devices get internet through the duma? 

What are the issues you're having that you hoped this could help with?

I agree with what Major said. That was how I got it to work also. I too have DSL service and was able to put my Pace 5268 modem/Router in bridge Mode (AT&T calls it DMZ plus) and place my Netgear DD-WRT flashed Router behind it and the Duma behind the Netgear. The Duma was getting internet but my consoles connected to it were not.

I too am about to re-do all this configuration.. I just upgraded to a Fiber-optic ISP and I'm sure it'll be a headache to set up... Anyone in here got optimal settings suggestions for someone pulling 900+ mbps up/down? (I know we have a bunch of new features like Turbo mode, and super turbo.. not sure where I should start first lol.) Might do some testing with the current router they have and then do the cross over back to the Duma on the weekend and compare the two for everyone!

I too am about to re-do all this configuration.. I just upgraded to a Fiber-optic ISP and I'm sure it'll be a headache to set up... Anyone in here got optimal settings suggestions for someone pulling 900+ mbps up/down? (I know we have a bunch of new features like Turbo mode, and super turbo.. not sure where I should start first lol.) Might do some testing with the current router they have and then do the cross over back to the Duma on the weekend and compare the two for everyone!

Sorry anonymous, I'm a lowly 50/50 fios person. Can't offer any help. Take your sweet sweet bandwidth and enjoy. I have read a bunch of posts. I'm pretty sure there's a guide for those speeds, but never read it

Archived