Any way to fix the lag comp? (Congestion control settings, stuff like that)

Again, thank you Buck and Fraser for helping me out with my last problem. I really appreciate it, everything is fixed with the last problem. But since i have less things on the router, the bandwidth changed and all the settings are different. My download is 47.3 and my upload is 9.63 now. is there anything i can do to try and fix the problem with the lag compensation as in setting wise? Deep packet is ticked, as well as upnp, cookies, bleed edge and the other one. For the congestion control sliders, i have it set up at 70 down and 85 up. I hear there is something wrong with the sliders but i dont know that for a fact. What can I do to improve the game?

Set your home to where you live and geo filter to around a thousand km. strict ticked and pa to around 30.

Try at least 5-10 games before deciding the settings are working or not, 2-3 games will not give you a fair representation of how the settings are working.

Lag comp is pretty much the boogeyman of online gaming and often it is not actually to blame :)

I did that and wasnt sure what to do lol. Well i heard you can adjust  certain settings to improve it, so what im saying is what settings should i try using to fix it?

I tried using those settings and they didnt work. probably doesnt work because the download and upload speeds changed when i took out some of the devices on the router with problem i just fixed with Fraser and Buck. 47 down and 9 up is what they are now.

• Administrators

I'm not a big believer in lag compensation. Some people have found improvements through throttling your connection. 

Use anti-flood, hyper-traffic & the Geo-filter, you should get a low ping which is the most important thing.

I get 29 down and 6 up and just stick cc sliders to 70%

What are you getting as a ping when in game on the R1.

I get about 10 MS lobbies with those settings.

Any other issue is out of my control. Could be other people joining the lobby or over congested server etc.

I have tested this throttling thing on numerous occasions and numerous titles and overall it makes no difference in my tests.

Well i cant test them at the moment, but when I get home i guess i could go into a lobby and check the ping. I haven't done that in a long time, but i will give it a shot. I have it set on strict mode and only 30 ping on the geo filter, so tit shouldn't be connecting me with anybody that doesnt have at least 30 or lower. Yea i mean it happens but I will check that when i get the chance, i could also check the jitter too. It's probably a dedi server problem which is causing the lag compensation issue, you never know

It will connect you to a HOST with less than 30 ms. Other players with higher ping can still connect to that lobby but it ensures YOU don't connect to a host over 30 ms.

So then being on a dedi server is better? Because if I'm connecting to hosts most of the time, then that's what's causing the bad lag compensation problems where I shoot first and die first every time

Have you tried setting your buffer bloat and quality ? I was just asking as everyone's connection is gonna be different,so if you haven't done that step that's where I would start.It's not the end all be all to flawless gaming but it will let you know what your BB is at any given settings on your sliders.Start with 70/70 and go from there until you get A+ for BB and A+ for quality.

And I would also run ping plotter at peak times to see if your ISP line has issues,jitter etc as that can make gaming a huge pain in the ass.

It's really all trial and error when it comes to finding consistent gameplay on BO3.I try everything and keep what works... :D

• Administrators

Well i cant test them at the moment, but when I get home i guess i could go into a lobby and check the ping. I haven't done that in a long time, but i will give it a shot. I have it set on strict mode and only 30 ping on the geo filter, so tit shouldn't be connecting me with anybody that doesnt have at least 30 or lower. Yea i mean it happens but I will check that when i get the chance, i could also check the jitter too. It's probably a dedi server problem which is causing the lag compensation issue, you never know

Keep in mind you can still get hosts within your radius that are over 30ms. Ping assist will get hosts outside the radius that are under 30ms.

ok well here's the results so far. 

Everything has been pretty good so far. Decent games, almost no problems. All the games that i've had so far have been pretty good with mostly good KD because the LC has been good to me. If anything changes I will come back here or i will make a new thread. Thank you guys a lot for all the help so far!

Archived