My duma has died :-(

Hi Guys 

Got home from work, internet working fine then it just, errrrr, shat itself. I could not get on the duma interface via wired or wireless even after a factory reset. I have the latest update, installed it very shortly after it released. All the lights are on as per normal but no one is home so to speak. 

Any advice??

Cheers 

Charlie 

Just give you some more info as per the template......

1. What firmware version are you on? (Check at bottom of any page on the R1. If lower than 1.03.6 please follow upgrade instructions here first). Latest version, was upgraded shortly after release, i was not upgrading when this issue started. 
  2. What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests? N/A, i cannot get any internet when using the Duma. I have, begrudgingly, reverted back to my ISP hub and my network is back up running at 25D, 2.5U (exactly what i pay for).
  3. What is your current setup? E.g. ISP hub/modem (Specify model) > R1 > all devices. Before the issue it went ISP hub (in bridge mode) to the Duma (on Pppoe). From the duma i have Cat 6 direct to an apple time-capsule (in bridge mode) in my "man cave" and, also from the duma, it is linked via power line adapter to the upstairs access point (a Tp Link Archer C7 also in bridge mode). Since the "incident" all of the access points are now hooked up to my ISP hub (Huawei HG series) and all is working fine. 
  4. What is your specific issue? (Provide as many details as possible. If it is a lag issue include the screenshots from here in your post) Unable to get interface or internet access through the Duma. Followed the wiki "unbrick" guide, no joy, factory reset, also no joy. 
  5. Any other information (such as settings you may have previously tried). I was not doing anything out of the norm, i was not updating nor was there a power cut. To start off with it was just the PS4 not connecting but all other devices were able to get internet. I did a Duma reboot from the interface and that was the last time i saw it (i miss it so much). From that point on it became a $200 paper weight. 

Hi Charlie, can you see the Netduma broadcasting WiFi? if you can the WiFi password is now netdumar1 because of the reset.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=i_can_see_the_wifi

Yes mate, sorry should have mentioned that. It wont let me connect to the Duma on wifi since the factory reset. It did before that but no internet. I have tried the new factory default password but the wifi icon (on a mac) just sits their cycling endlessly. Its looking more and more likely that its bricked, hope i'm wrong though.

And you have followed this wiki http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=unbrick_routerto the letter?

Have you tried turned off the Netduma for five minutes before trying to gain access?

I have indeed, numerous times just to be sure. I even tried again this morning after the Duma had been unplugged all night, same negative results. 

Hey Charlie, can you see lights on the router itself for the ethernet ports you are plugged into?

Can you access the interface from http://R1when wired at all?

Hey Fraser, cheers for getting in touch. It has sprung back to life but for some reason i cannot connect the PS4 via wired connection (as it was before). I'm using the same IP settings as before but no joy (its woking on the wifi on my access point but thats not ideal). I will have a further look into it tonight and get back to you. 

Thanks again.

i cannot connect the PS4 via wired connection (as it was before). I'm using the same IP settings as before but no joy

Use automatic IP on your ps4, do not set a static that should solve that issue.

Hey Charlie, can you see lights on the router itself for the ethernet ports you are plugged into?

Can you access the interface from http://R1when wired at all?

Hi Fraser, just got back into looking at the settings after the Spurs game (sorry if there are any Spurs fans in the office) and im afraid to say i have one sick Duma (sick as in not very well at all). Same symptoms as before, started off just the PS4 not connecting now i am locked out of the interface with no internet and back to the ISP hub. Don't know what else to try mate :-(

Archived