using new router with netduma

Hello. I have just purchased an ASUS ac1900 router. The QOS lets me throttle my band width to my required level this gives me an excellent level of performance. However when I'm put in lobby on BO3 i get put with players far away from my geographical location.

when i hook up my netduma to my asus, the router manager on the asus only recognizes the netduma, i.e. the ps4 etc are plugged into the netduma, consequently i can't throttle my asus. Can anybody help me get the two working together. thanks

Hello. I have just purchased an ASUS ac1900 router. The QOS lets me throttle my band width to my required level this gives me an excellent level of performance. However when I'm put in lobby on BO3 i get put with players far away from my geographical location.

when i hook up my netduma to my asus, the router manager on the asus only recognizes the netduma, i.e. the ps4 etc are plugged into the netduma, consequently i can't throttle my asus. Can anybody help me get the two working together. thanks

I have a similar set up to you, Modem>Asus Router>Netduma>PS4. So i connect the Netduma to the Asus Router via Ethernet Then Connect PS4 to the Netduma, Then set your Netduma on 100% CC and add the PS4 to the Geo-Filter as normal. Now in your Asus throttle the Netduma to desired bandwidth, i use Badwidth-Limiter so i only throttle the device selected ie the Netduma. Below some screenies:)

131995c038.png

44c0f02ea3.png

I have a similar set up to you, Modem>Asus Router>Netduma>PS4. So i connect the Netduma to the Asus Router via Ethernet Then Connect PS4 to the Netduma, Then set your Netduma on 100% CC and add the PS4 to the Geo-Filter as normal. Now in your Asus throttle the Netduma to desired bandwidth, i use Badwidth-Limiter so i only throttle the device selected ie the Netduma. Below some screenies:)

131995c038.png

44c0f02ea3.png

thank you. does this slow down internet for everyone else if say they are on the tablets etc. or just ps4

It will if they are connected to the Netduma, i connect all other devices to Asus and use the Netduma just for the PS4.

It will if they are connected to the Netduma, i connect all other devices to Asus and use the Netduma just for the PS4.

Just as a heads up.

Customers please be aware that doing so will create local congestion leading to latency issues and jitter when other users on your network use the internet, all devices must run through the Netduma to stop local congestion, peace.

thats the problem i have , as i don't want to be selfish and hog the internet. but when i use netduma its smooth but i still encounter ppl who i shoot first then die or the or i seem to move in slow mo. when i hook up the asus only i go ham but i get jitter and some disconnection. 

sorry, how does this help me with my issue. is there a feature i should be using.

It just adds some new features and improves others, your issue can be solved by the way i said but its controversial so its up to you. I play all the time using the way i described above and have no issues and there are a few others on here also who limit their bandwidth and also have good results. 

used your method seems to be working well at the moment.

Yeah i find it great, but i am usually the only one on my network other than couple of phones so not sure how it will be put under a big load as Zennon said, so let us know.

Yes its great and very stable, haven't tried Tomato yet but Merlin does a great job as its based on the stock firmware.

I flashed my TP-Link router with DD-WRT...it has in QOS ...HTB Packet Scheduler and Queueing Discipline FQ_CODEL.

Then i connect my Netduma to TP-Link...this combination with these features from DD-WRT and Netduma is awesome. :)

I flashed my TP-Link router with DD-WRT...it has in QOS ...HTB Packet Scheduler and Queueing Discipline FQ_CODEL.

Then i connect my Netduma to TP-Link...this combination with these features from DD-WRT and Netduma is awesome. :)

Are you limiting your bandwidth or just playing full throttle.

Are you limiting your bandwidth or just playing full throttle.

My ISP gives me 50Mbps download 5Mbps upload...

For DD-WRT it recommends to set up upload and download at 80-90% of your available bandwidth...i set up it like this...then i choose HTB and FQ_CODEL.

In Netduma i don't use preemtive algorithm i use reactive because it use's FQ_CODEL to.!!!

CC in 100% both for upload and download...Device Prioritisation..all device's the same via Reset Distribution....Hyper-Traffic my console.

In dslreports always take A+...never rises above  5ms in meter...for download and upload. :)

My ISP gives me 50Mbps download 5Mbps upload...

For DD-WRT it recommends to set up upload and download at 80-90% of your available bandwidth...i set up it like this...then i choose HTB and FQ_CODEL.

In Netduma i don't use preemtive algorithm i use reactive because it use's FQ_CODEL to.!!!

CC in 100% both for upload and download...Device Prioritisation..all device's the same via Reset Distribution....Hyper-Traffic my console.

In dslreports always take A+...never rises above 5ms in meter...for download and upload. :)

I am thinking about flashing my Netgear r6300 v2 with DD-WRT.

Archived