Netduma not helping ?

I did abit of research and watch the reviews from popular youtubers who uses this as their own gaming equipment so since I have 4 sisters in the house who'd use Netflix and stream in HD videos and others though which would cause my connection lag really bad and gets me in bad mood over this.

So I brought Netduma and it was delivered to me few days ago and I setup the router as my secondary router, connected to Sky modem (ISP). My modem is synced with telephone line coming in to my house. There is no improvement to my gaming experience and I still experience lag during the gameplay. I have no understanding what to correctly setup the router correctly so I want to ask one question about Netduma

• In order to setup Netduma, does everyone in the house have to connect to Netduma instead of the Sky modem in order to reduce lag during my gaming experience? I still receive lag but my sister was using Sky modem as I was connecting to Netduma on my Xbox One.

With that, will it make a difference? Because I followed the tutorial about 70.00% download and upload cap taking for my xbox and still lag there. I putted up 2.4GHz bandwidth with my wireless settings. (Modem connecting wireless to xbox).

My internet connection is extremely bad as I am currently living in Monaghan town in Ireland and I purchased this in hopes of getting improvements with the connection but It doesn't really unless I am doing it wrong. 

My Speedtest: 5257888498.png

I have searched for others who have experiences with bad connection by using Netduma as I do but didn't find any post but figured it's my own ISP and bad location I'm currently living in.

I have emailed Netduma company for full refund since there is no improvement & was told to post on forum to help to resolve my problem. I have no knowledge of connections.

Thanks,

Aodhán McKenna

EDIT: Forgot to change the title, Did have few questions but most of them have been answered.

In order to setup Netduma, does everyone in the house have to connect to Netduma instead of the Sky modem in order to reduce lag during my gaming experience? I still receive lag but my sister was using Sky modem as I was connecting to Netduma on my Xbox One.

With that, will it make a difference? Because I followed the tutorial about 70.00% download and upload cap taking for my xbox and still lag there. I putted up 2.4GHz bandwidth with my wireless settings. (Modem connecting wireless to xbox).

All connections need to come from the Netduma or the congestion control will not work , please set your house hold devices to the Netduma to stop them creating local congestion (lag and jitter)

I would set the upload to 90% as you have very little to begin with.

All connections need to come from the Netduma or the congestion control will not work , please set your house hold devices to the Netduma to stop them creating local congestion (lag and jitter)

I would set the upload to 90% as you have very little to begin with.

Thank you, I tested it and it wasn't that "bad" when I test it with my tablet using Netflix and playing online at the same time. But how do I set my house hold devices to Netduma? I might assume you're talking about in Host Filtering where I put my Xbox One as my only device.

Archived