Slow speeds with netduma connected.

Hey guys, basically without the netduma router connected and with my laptop hard wired i get speeds of 50mb down and 14mb up.

However when i connect the new netduma up im only getting 30mb down 7mb up... cant be right? Also my nat type is strict where as it was open before...any help? Ive tried preemptive and reactive with same results.

Hey guys, basically without the netduma router connected and with my laptop hard wired i get speeds of 50mb down and 14mb up.

However when i connect the new netduma up im only getting 30mb down 7mb up... cant be right? Also my nat type is strict where as it was open before...any help? Ive tried preemptive and reactive with same results.

Hey Mathias

I have any easy one for you, in fact you probably know this already, BUT...Before you do your speed test make sure your CC sliders are at 100% and you you have clicked "Reset Distribution" at the bottom of the CC sliders page. I would also remove any Hyper Traffic devices just to be sure.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

For speeds input your speeds into bandwidth settings and allow it to auto setup for you. If that doesn't help please do the above. 

For NAT please follow this guide http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat

So ive got my cc sliders to 100% now and im getting my full internet speed through the router however im constantly getting put into 3 bar lobbys and the lag is worse than without netduma... im in the uk and ive set my ping to 50ms and distance of 800miles.

Forsome reason when i trace on the host filter my signal goes from uk to america and back....why? Starting to not enjoy it.

The trace feature on the duma is not accurate and you should ignore it.

As far as your gaming goes is the GF working and are you connecting to hosts outside of it ?

It could be just a bad night on the game,sometimes I get the same thing.If that happens I just start lobby hopping but make sure you wait 2 minutes for the anti cheat feature to clear as you might be getting thrown into the same lobby if you don't.

And if your playing on dedi's take note of their ID and you will find that some play better than others.

And as a last resort you can always move your home location if your constantly getting put in bad lobbys or just want to check out what else is out there.

To be honest the game played pretty good before i installed the netduma, i was getting 50mb down and 13 or so up. Ping around 20ms. Wanted net duma because sometimes the hit detection was way off and i didnt want to be put into foriegn lobbies... whu am i getting put into 3 bar lobbies with ping over 60ms when ive set it so i only get into games with 50ms and below?

I would make sure strict mode is ticked and maybe adjust your PA to 30-40.

The duma can only control who you connect to not who connects to the lobby you are also in.And is your ping  to host over 60 in the lobbies your being put into ?

Maybe give moving your home location a try and see what you come up with.

• Administrators

By setting anti-flood you get your full speeds yes but you will not be making use of the anti-flood correctly to eliminate any congestion. I would put it to 70/70 whilst gaming. Also put your console in hyper-traffic on congestion control. 

PA allows hosts outside your radius that are under your ping limit, you are still able to get hosts within your radius that are above that PA limit. 

As above keep strict ticked, can lower PA to that or 0 and see how you go after applied the congestion control settings I've said.

Another thing which i found strange is on the home network where the chart shows how things are connected. I.e dashed lines for wifi. Solid for hard wired. My connection path seems to be console hardwired path to laptop which is wireless and nothing going to the router. But in fact my console is hardwired directly to the router... so why doesnt it show that path?? Cheers for all the help thus far guys!

Archived