NAT type Moderate after asus Update

Hello

My setup is currently asus RT-66r to netduma to ps4/xbox.  I disconnected my netduma and updated my asus router because there was an update.  After that I connected the netduma back. I noticed that my NAT type was moderate in CoD AW (ps4).  I connected the ps4 to my asus router and i had a nat open but when i connect through the netduma i get moderate.  I have tried restarting both routers and the ps4 but the NAT is staying Moderate. attached is my Internet Diagnosis.  I am running 1.03.2.

Thank you

post-321-0-82308000-1427758031_thumb.png

post-321-0-43431300-1427758032_thumb.png

Hello

My setup is currently asus RT-66r to netduma to ps4/xbox.  I disconnected my netduma and updated my asus router because there was an update.  After that I connected the netduma back. I noticed that my NAT type was moderate in CoD AW (ps4).  I connected the ps4 to my asus router and i had a nat open but when i connect through the netduma i get moderate.  I have tried restarting both routers and the ps4 but the NAT is staying Moderate. attached is my Internet Diagnosis.  I am running 1.03.2.

Thank you

Make sure you have the Netduma in the DMZ of your main router.

Netduma > Miscellaneous Settings > Tick > Enable upnp forwarding > reboot Asus then once up reboot Duma.

Just wondered why you opt for UPNP instead of DMZ, is DMZ a bigger security risk as its opening all ports instead of the ones needed. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

UPnP forwarding is a unique feature we have(its simple) that forwards UPnP requests to the other router and tries to open NAT that way. If it works I'd recommend just using that as its far simpler then using DMZ.

I wouldn't concern myself to much about DMZ security as our router has a basic Linux NAT firewall. In fact UPnP is more of a security risk as it opens ports on R1s firewall. 

UPnP forwarding is a unique feature we have(its simple) that forwards UPnP requests to the other router and tries to open NAT that way. If it works I'd recommend just using that as its far simpler then using DMZ.

I wouldn't concern myself to much about DMZ security as our router has a basic Linux NAT firewall. In fact UPnP is more of a security risk as it opens ports on R1s firewall. 

I tried UPNP forwarding and kept giving me Moderate Nat type, DMZ gives open Nat every time.

I updated my RT-N56U with the latest update and that's when I was having issues. Iain saw for himself that DMZ was basically doing nothing. Try adding all the xbox live/ps4 ports to your Asus in port forwarding and you should be alright.

Make sure you have the Netduma in the DMZ of your main router.

i have done that with no fix.

Netduma > Miscellaneous Settings > Tick > Enable upnp forwarding > reboot Asus then once up reboot Duma.

Will give that a go.

I updated my RT-N56U with the latest update and that's when I was having issues. Iain saw for himself that DMZ was basically doing nothing. Try adding all the xbox live/ps4 ports to your Asus in port forwarding and you should be alright.

i have done that but it didn't work.

I use upnp as it behind my other firewall , i have tested and the 7800n firewall is blocking like it is the only router on the network, DMZ might be better for others though, what ever works best, hope you get this sorted guys :)

UPnP forwarding didn't work either

Did take the duma out of the dmz of your Asus before you did the above?

After a few times closing and opening CoD AW it finally worked. The Asus update must have done something because I have used the dmz since the first time i set it up.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Just for everyones information, the UPnP forwarding doesn't always work BUT if it does just leave it. If it doesn't you'll need to use DMZ but as Maz said some routers have a faulty one in which case your best option is just to forward every port to the R1

Archived