Router losses Connection after some time

I don't know why this happens, but my router seems to loose the connection from time to time. After a restart it works for a while. But while gaming today it shut down 3 times. 2 times yesterday. It may be my provider, but why should it work after a router restart then?
I don't know what to do with this. Would be great if you guys could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Max

I don't know why this happens, but my router seems to loose the connection from time to time. After a restart it works for a while. But while gaming today it shut down 3 times. 2 times yesterday. It may be my provider, but why should it work after a router restart then?

I don't know what to do with this. Would be great if you guys could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Max

Is it wifi or the actual router that stops.

What ISP are you signed up to and what modem/router do they use?

Have you tested from the ISP modem/router to see if that drops? Have you looked at the ISP's routers logs to see if it is dropping?

Have you tried a cold boot, turn off the ISP router & Netduma for 5 mins.

Reboot the ISP router wait 1 min then reboot the Netduma.

My ISP is Unitymedia, I'm from Germany. 

The Modem they use is a Cisco. This modem is exclusively produced for unitymedia. At least that's what they told me a few years ago after my old modem burnt down.

The only router I use is the netduma. 
I have tried the the cold boot but this didn't help. 3 disconnects today in less than 2 hours. I am now connected via my old router to see if it's my provider. If I still get disconnected my R1 should be fine. If not, the problem maybe with the R1.

Let us know how you get on,

Disconnects are usually due to noise on the line.

Broadband lines have a SNRM which by default is 6bd when noise gets introduced via say electromagnetic interference then the SNRM starts to drop until such time when the line gets to say 1db or 0db and it can not hang on no more and it drops.

Some modems will just hang on even when there is not enough db to open a web page some will auto reboot to resync and regain the 6db.

I have a similar problem with my wifi.

After 1-3 days, all my devices can't connect to the wifi anymore.

Somehow it still seems to be available since I can see it in the list of the Wireless LANs around, but everytime I try to connect again gives me an error.

The most annoying thing is that only shutting it off for a second solves this problem. After that, all my settings are gone!

(yes, I've enabled cookies).

I also tried both settings with and without 'wifi workaround enabled'.

My wifi security is set to PSK2.

My router from my ISP works fine, internet connection is there all the time even when Netduma router stopped working...

Are there any suggestions on how to solve the problem? In the forums I couldn't find any useful reply to similar threads.

Thanks in advance

So, I have tested the Internet connection with my old router and after half of day of downloading stuff and playing, I did not have a single disconnect. After switching back to the r1 I was disconnected within the first hour. And there was another thing I noticed since a few days. When I am playing with my friends at home, all connected to the r1 and also in the geo filter, it takes ages to load the page for congestion control or the geo filter settings. When I am alone it is fast as usual.

So after all this, this all might be a coincidence, since my provider still has massive problems in my area. But I think there would be at least one disconnect with my other router as well. I am sorry to say this, but I think my beloved r1 might have a problem. Whether it's hard or software related. Is there anything I can do? Test out or something?

And thanks for your quick responses and support.

• Netduma Staff

I have a similar problem with my wifi.

After 1-3 days, all my devices can't connect to the wifi anymore.

Somehow it still seems to be available since I can see it in the list of the Wireless LANs around, but everytime I try to connect again gives me an error.

The most annoying thing is that only shutting it off for a second solves this problem. After that, all my settings are gone!

(yes, I've enabled cookies).

I also tried both settings with and without 'wifi workaround enabled'.

My wifi security is set to PSK2.

My router from my ISP works fine, internet connection is there all the time even when Netduma router stopped working...

Are there any suggestions on how to solve the problem? In the forums I couldn't find any useful reply to similar threads.

Thanks in advance

Hi Markus, can you make your own thread about this please - it will be easier to help in there :)

Any suggestions? I would really love to use the netduma again.

Could you try changing the Ethernet cable between your modem and router. Also, is this happening on wired and wireless or just wireless?

I just tried it and now it doesn't connect at all. I've tried it several times and for about 20 minutes now. I can't even acces the netduma page via my browser anymore. I tried different ethernet cables and devices for the connection. 
And to answer your question, this was/is happening both wired and wireless. The whole internet connection broke down and was only reestablished after a restart of the r1. Now nothing works at all. I'm pretty sure now, that it is not my isp, because my internet now worked flawlessly since yesterday while I was connected via my old router.

So I tested this, more or less. I could not access via 192.168.1.1 but already under 192.168.88.1

I did the factory reset out of the "settings>misc" menu. It did succesfully connect to the Internet after that. Then I took the tour, so that the r1 got it settings right. But after only 10 or so minutes I was already disconnected again. 

• Administrators

So I tested this, more or less. I could not access via 192.168.1.1 but already under 192.168.88.1

I did the factory reset out of the "settings>misc" menu. It did succesfully connect to the Internet after that. Then I took the tour, so that the r1 got it settings right. But after only 10 or so minutes I was already disconnected again. 

And also I get a "error loading misc page. Please post issue at forum.netduma.com" message every time I try to load the misc page. 

That error is expected considering you couldn't access the internet. 

Is the router itself rebooting? Do you hear a beep when it happens? 

Is there anything specific you're doing when it occurs or is it random? Heavy traffic usage?

So it seems, that my modem has no such mode. It took me a while to gain access to it, but there was no option whatsoever. I googled it and even called my isp but with no success. Is there anything else I can do? I mean I really appreciate your help and your support but it would be great if I could use my r1 soon again.

Dont have router plugged into a extesion socket , use plug socket on wall mine was doing the same for weeks works ok

Is the netduma in an extension socket or to near other devices?

If so try a master outlet and move the duma away from other modem/routers etc.

If all fails I would do a factory reset from misc settings.

The netduma was in an extension socket and near other devices. It is not anymore. I tested this as well with no success. By the way, why could this be a problem? I own the r1 for quite a while now and I worked as intended the whole time. My old router was in the exact same spot the r1 was, for about 4 years and never had a problem. And as I wrote a few days ago I already did a factory reset from the misc settings menu. And it worked for a few minutes, but after that, lost the connection again.

Archived