BO3 PS4 Trace : why the *biip* am I being sent over to USA!

I’m new here and I don’t notice any HUGE improvement in my games after getting the Netduma.
My net speed are 60 down and 20 up, I live fairly south in Norway so ping to English/Germane/ Poland  servers are usually about 20-30 ms.

When I trace a server, I’m being sent over to USA back to Europe, to Italy several times before landing on a germane server. In game PING is 50 most of the time and one in every third game, I got a constant feeling that I’m being 300-700 ms behind other players.
My global KD was 2,59 before the netduma and after 1,5 months its still 2,59 and I still experience the same randomness, rubber banding and other shit..  My loby is full of people frome spain, truky, germany, and italy. And 99% of the time i think that’s the problem and that’s what cause the
lag compensation in the game to fuck up!

Throttling my connection seems to work in some cases.. In other it don’t, when I throttle I use congestion control and set down to 6% and up to 5%
(anything below that, and I don’t get connected to the official servers, only other players) 

Can someone please report back with some tips if there is any?

Well first the trace is broken and will ALWAYS report going to the USA at some point. So ignore that.

As for improvements in the game, it can't fix a broken game. All the router does is eliminate any lag caused by congestion on your local network and ensures that you get local and low ping hosts.

Sorry for beeing so negative, but i really hope some of the hype was real ,and that being able to set a geo filter (witch for some reason always think's that i live in California ) woud make a huge diffrence since it will only connect me to server in my set area.. Well that part actually seems to sort of work, but the game does the same thing in my case just as fine.. 

Feels like i just trow 200 $ out the window and in exchange I also got slow WiFi speed's. :P

Do any of you use throttling? and whats your experience with it? 

Sorry for beeing so negative, but i really hope some of the hype was real ,and that being able to set a geo filter (witch for some reason always think's that i live in California ) woud make a huge diffrence since it will only connect me to server in my set area.. Well that part actually seems to sort of work, but the game does the same thing in my case just as fine.. 

Feels like i just trow 200 $ out the window and in exchange I also got slow WiFi speed's. :P

Do any of you use throttling? and whats your experience with it? 

If you use the router properly the hype is real... But you have to configure it right. From the way it sounds you don't have it setup right. You can move your home location by clicking the house icon on the geo filter page and setting it to your actual location. Also go into miscellaneous and check the box that says use cookies so the settings will save your location.

If you use the router properly the hype is real... But you have to configure it right. From the way it sounds you don't have it setup right. You can move your home location by clicking the house icon on the geo filter page and setting it to your actual location. Also go into miscellaneous and check the box that says use cookies so the settings will save your location.

I have moved the geo filter to my city and it does remember my setting on start up. 

Range is set to 1200 km so I only cover England, Germany and part of France.  Filter is set to strict mode ( so i don't get connected to server where there wil be a bigger chance for a even greater diversity in where the player's comes from) 

Under congestion control normally we don't change any thing other then from preemptive to reactive and DOWN/ UP is normally around 100%

share access  is ticked of and there is no other device connected when we play. 

My console have an open nat, my "wife" has moderate, we don't use port forward and UNP is active.

I have moved the geo filter to my city and it does remember my setting on start up. 

Range is set to 1200 km so I only cover England, Germany and part of France.  Filter is set to strict mode ( so i don't get connected to server where there wil be a bigger chance for a even greater diversity in where the player's comes from) 

Under congestion control normally we don't change any thing other then from preemptive to reactive and DOWN/ UP is normally around 100%

My console have an open nat, my "wife" has moderate, we don't use port forward and UNP is active.

am in UK also, had netduma from day 1. Wasting your time playing on servers if you have a good connection. Mine is 12ms to uk server and its unplayable. Feel half a second behind other players.

Go force  the p2p option,  like a different game. Shoot and kill instead of shoot a full clip then get turned on ha ha

Am going on xbox one now if you wanna join my game it will be a p2p host. gt:talbyfish

• Administrators

Are you on the latest version 1.03.6?

Ensure you have cookies enabled in misc settings.

Make sure PA is 0 as well so you can ensure hosts in your radius.

Are all the devices in your home connected to the duma? I would use 70/70 anti-flood whenever gaming/using the internet. If you're on the latest version use hyper traffic for your consoles anyway.

Are you on the latest version 1.03.6?

Ensure you have cookies enabled in misc settings.

Make sure PA is 0 as well so you can ensure hosts in your radius.

Are all the devices in your home connected to the duma? I would use 70/70 anti-flood whenever gaming/using the internet. If you're on the latest version use hyper traffic for your consoles anyway.

IM on 1.03.6 ,will check hyper traffic and PA is unticked, how du you force p2p?

how du you force p2p?

By using the Duma in kind of a reverse way.

The Geo Filter is designed to get you games close to home.  Place your center on your home and put the radius at how big you are willing to accept for a host.

But if you put your "home" location somewhere that is outside of the distance of the dedicated server, keep your Geo Filter smaller than a city with a dedicated server location, have 'STRICT' ticked, you will only connect to games INSIDE that Geo Filter.  Now, it will take a bit to populate the game, because the game WANTS to put you in a dedicated lobby first, but eventually it will populate and after that it will stay pretty constant.

To be clear the hype is purely being able to eliminate lag, your gameplay might be worse without lag.  With that limitation on the HYPE it is real.

For example, I do fine with or without the netduma.  But i live near dedicated servers so it isn't a big deal, i do even better when I do what Dillinger recommended but then people back out a lot and finding another game takes too long for my liking.

To be clear the hype is purely being able to eliminate lag, your gameplay might be worse without lag. With that limitation on the HYPE it is real.

For example, I do fine with or without the netduma. But i live near dedicated servers so it isn't a big deal, i do even better when I do what Dillinger recommended but then people back out a lot and finding another game takes too long for my liking.

Don't think I can narrow down my search that much, there will be very few people to play with,but I will try to throttle down to about 2%, and see if the makes it impossible to get a dedicated server..

And about my game play being worse without lag? Please... I come from a Pc gaming, trust me getting to play matches with servers and people within my same region kicks ass! And on cod I can clearly feel the difference .. Within in the same server even.

From going 2,5 in one round, and only one player quits the game, and the three next game I have and kd over 5.

Then someone with a red bar joins the game, and you have to go as hard as you can to even managing a kd over 1,5

Agree Torkild, there is obviously something wrong in the game and the comment about your gameplay benefitting from lag is not on.  We all know how Cod plays and can tell when something isn't right.

Just finished a match 40-0 and one red bar joined the game, same teams and next round I could empty half a clip in to one guy before he was dead.. Ended up 1.45..

I have now throttle my congestion control down to 2% and I still got a "E" witch should indicate a dedicated server , but on my geo filter there's a lot more "servers " I can connect too wicht again make me believe I now play p2p..

Just finished a match 40-0 and one red bar joined the game, same teams and next round I could empty half a clip in to one guy before he was dead.. Ended up 1.45..

I have now throttle my congestion control down to 2% and I still got a "E" witch should indicate a dedicated server , but on my geo filter there's a lot more "servers " I can connect too wicht again make me believe I now play p2p..

Lots of new dedicated servers that show up as P2P because they are not identified as dedi's yet.

If you have an update button on your host filtering page and you get an e after the game version,it's probably a dedi that hasn't been marked by a cloud update yet.

Archived