Netduma has weak signal help!

Hi please help me with this.

My original setup was Modem > Asus (with 2 Antennas) > Asus (no antenna) as AP mode.

The house was mostly getting full wifi signal everywhere and it was great.

My new setup with R1 Netduma goes as follows:

Modem > R1 Netduma (wifi off) > Asus (with 2 Antennas) as AP Mode as 2.4

I'm now getting 1-2 bars in certain part of the room and the wifi is sometimes very slow. How do I come upon fixing this and get full bars like my original setup?

Your wifi could be slow now because your ISP is congested at this time of the day. because you're still using your asus for wifi, I can't see how adding the R1 would change the coverage in your house.

You could also enable both antennas on your asus to see if it improves your coverage.  

Also look for a cool free app on google play for your phone called Netgear Wifi Analytics.  it's a great tool to see what is happening with your wifi.

Your wifi could be slow now because your ISP is congested at this time of the day. because you're still using your asus for wifi, I can't see how adding the R1 would change the coverage in your house.

You could also enable both antennas on your asus to see if it improves your coverage.  

Also look for a cool free app on google play for your phone called Netgear Wifi Analytics.  it's a great tool to see what is happening with your wifi.

How do I enable both antennas fo my asus to improve coverage?

Hi please help me with this.

My original setup was Modem > Asus (with 2 Antennas) > Asus (no antenna) as AP mode.

The house was mostly getting full wifi signal everywhere and it was great.

My new setup with R1 Netduma goes as follows:

Modem > R1 Netduma (wifi off) > Asus (with 2 Antennas) as AP Mode as 2.4

I'm now getting 1-2 bars in certain part of the room and the wifi is sometimes very slow. How do I come upon fixing this and get full bars like my original setup?

I would enable the duma wifi and disable the 2.4 wifi on your Asus and enable the 5g on the Asus if it's an option.I basically have the same set up...modem>duma>Netgear in AP mode with 2.4 disabled and 5g enabled.The duma has a very strong wifi signal and should be plenty of your set up.

Like I said this is my set up in a 3000 sq foot home and works great but your milage may vary.

I would enable the duma wifi and disable the 2.4 wifi on your Asus and enable the 5g on the Asus if it's an option.I basically have the same set up...modem>duma>Netgear in AP mode with 2.4 disabled and 5g enabled.The duma has a very strong wifi signal and should be plenty of your set up.

Like I said this is my set up in a 3000 sq foot home and works great but your milage may vary.

Thanks a lot I will give this a shot

Archived