Devices Question

I have seen various topics with people stating that have 100s of devices that can/cannot delete.  It got me thinking about devices and their affect on the router performance.  

I have lots of people that come to my house for parties, visiting, etc.  They all end up using the wifi, so they get added to my device list.   At this point, I am getting close to a devices now on my list with the majority not actively being used.  

If I have Shared Excess ticked, what performance issues would this cause?   If it will cause problems, I will delete them or simply do a factory reset.

Yo what's up UK?  If the people aren't there using your network those devices won't cause you any problems.  All your bandwidth will go towards the devices that are active on the network. With "Share Excess" ticked, your total bandwidth will be divided by the number of active devices on the network minus whatever throttling your congestion control sliders and device prioritization flower doing.  Those numbers you see in the Device Priority Flower are only telling you how much bandwidth they'd have if all your devices were active at once, or if you didn't have "Share Excess" ticked.

That is what I was thinking, but was curious if there was some other potential issues from it.

I'm following the thread from the guy that has 100 unnamed devices that he didn't add.  It's different than your situation because you know they are guests to your house.  It will be interesting to see if they figure it out

I'm following the thread from the guy that has 100 unnamed devices that he didn't add.  It's different than your situation because you know they are guests to your house.  It will be interesting to see if they figure it out

I saw that topic too, which sparked my curiosity. 

Archived