The Internet of the router will go off suddenly

Hello, i just bought the netduma but i am having problems (i am in the new firmware)

So the problem is that the internet will go off on my pc and other devices and when i restart the router i will be fine but its a little annoying when i am gaming and suddenly the internet shutdown.

post-7989-0-40143000-1459299354_thumb.png

I am experiencing the same thing. It happens about once a week. I first notice it with wifi (wifi workaround is disabled) because i am usually on my phone or tablet.  I have then gone to the laptop (wired) and notice similar issues.  I then reboot the R1 and it returns.  When this happens, I notice that I cannot connect to the wifi at all.   It tries but it cannot connect at all. For the laptop, I can get access to the router but no internet.

For some odd and very annoying reason I can't do a goddamn thing anymore when I'm connected via the Netduma. When I go directly from my ISP be it wired or wifi it's all working.
I played during the day on my PS4 BO3 using the Netduma. Worked fine. 
Got the word from tech support that I could now upgrade to the latest version and ... there goes my internet. Ever since I installed the latest version I get DC'd a lot, if and when I can acually connect with BO3. 

Weird thing is my PS4 connects to the internet, but BO3 won't do it. Says I'm offline.

Something tells me the upgrade killed it for me at the moment. No idea why or how to fix it.

EDIT: For now I've just pulled out the Netduma completely. I don't want to be messing with this now. Second time in a couple of days it starts acting up. I just want to play some games. I'll check up on this tomorrow but for now I'd rather play on a 2-bar if I have to then not play at all. Hope it's a minor thing tho and I'm confident you people at Netduma will figure this out! :)

• Administrators

I am experiencing the same thing. It happens about once a week. I first notice it with wifi (wifi workaround is disabled) because i am usually on my phone or tablet.  I have then gone to the laptop (wired) and notice similar issues.  I then reboot the R1 and it returns.  When this happens, I notice that I cannot connect to the wifi at all.   It tries but it cannot connect at all. For the laptop, I can get access to the router but no internet.

How often does this occur? Can no devices connect to the internet at all?

Ditto today actually, had to turn it of for 5 main, did the trick. Happened before also.

How often does this happen?

For some odd and very annoying reason I can't do a goddamn thing anymore when I'm connected via the Netduma. When I go directly from my ISP be it wired or wifi it's all working.

I played during the day on my PS4 BO3 using the Netduma. Worked fine. 

Got the word from tech support that I could now upgrade to the latest version and ... there goes my internet. Ever since I installed the latest version I get DC'd a lot, if and when I can acually connect with BO3. 

Weird thing is my PS4 connects to the internet, but BO3 won't do it. Says I'm offline.

Something tells me the upgrade killed it for me at the moment. No idea why or how to fix it.

EDIT: For now I've just pulled out the Netduma completely. I don't want to be messing with this now. Second time in a couple of days it starts acting up. I just want to play some games. I'll check up on this tomorrow but for now I'd rather play on a 2-bar if I have to then not play at all. Hope it's a minor thing tho and I'm confident you people at Netduma will figure this out! :)

I would recommend doing a factory reset from settings > miscellaneous.

It occurs about 1-2 times per week.   I typically have an Android phone (Nexus 6) and Android tablet (Pixel C) next to me.  When this occurs, it happens on both of the devices.  When it happens, I go to the laptop.  On a few times, I have checked the laptop and it was connected to R1 but no internet.  I admit that i don't always check the internet from the laptop, and I simply reboot the router from the laptop browser.  It could be wifi only with occasionally the whole internet.  I will start monitoring to see if it is the entire internet.  I often use wifi analyzer to ensure that I am on the best wifi band.  On some occasions, I know that my devices see the network but cannot connect to it.  On other times, it cannot see the network at all. 

I will do the Fectory Reset later tonight. 

I just tried a speedtest and the weird thing is that it gives me a ping of 10ms (wich is great for me) and it gves me 197 downloadspeed (I pay for a 200 down)

But the uploadtest will not start, this makes me think that there is something wrong with data going out. Like I said, I'm not good with tech stuff like ports and all so no clue to why this is.

Maybe after the factory reset it's all ok again. And I'm guessing I'll be back on 1.03.3 then aswell? Or will I still be on the 1.03.6g version?

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT:

So I just plugged the Duma in again. I remembered that I changed something after I updated the firmware! Little lightbulb just went of in my mind. I was browsing the tech support and other threads and I found a post about how you could possibly increase your DL speed on PS4 if you changed the DNS setting from automatic to Manual and then input the correct port (or something) So I did this, knowing my DL on PSN is terribly slow.

But since I remembered this  put it back on Automatic and it seems the Duma is fully functional again.

I did a speedtest, both with wifi and with cable and the results are amazing again.

Wifi test:

Ping: 15ms

DL speed: 83,37 Mbps

UL speed: 11,53 Mbps (and this made me realy happy as my upload wouldn't test at all before)

Cable test:

Ping: 11ms

DL speed: 182,83 Mbps

UL speed: 11,55 Mbps

So again I pay for a theoretical 200 Download and 10 Upload.

What I also did was reset my distribution and then rebooted the Duma.

And now it's all smooth sailing on the 4-bar ocean of FPS-world again!

• Administrators

It occurs about 1-2 times per week.   I typically have an Android phone (Nexus 6) and Android tablet (Pixel C) next to me.  When this occurs, it happens on both of the devices.  When it happens, I go to the laptop.  On a few times, I have checked the laptop and it was connected to R1 but no internet.  I admit that i don't always check the internet from the laptop, and I simply reboot the router from the laptop browser.  It could be wifi only with occasionally the whole internet.  I will start monitoring to see if it is the entire internet.  I often use wifi analyzer to ensure that I am on the best wifi band.  On some occasions, I know that my devices see the network but cannot connect to it.  On other times, it cannot see the network at all. 

You may be one of the people that requires wifi workaround on so try that please. 

---------

Awesome to hear that Comannche!

Archived