DHCP Lease

Hello, i have some questions a about netduma config.

1 - The netduma DHCP Server pool start 100 and end 250 and i reserve some ip´s they need to be outside the DHCP pool?

2 - Reserve ip for xbox the console need to be config, with static ip?

3- Upnp will work with ip reservations?

Last one out the topic title

- my internet down/up is very poor.

what config. the netduma forum advise.

post-7935-0-42116800-1459187151_thumb.png

Hello, i have some questions a about netduma config.

1 - The netduma DHCP Server pool start 100 and end 250 and i reserve some ip´s they need to be outside the DHCP pool?

2 - Reserve ip for xbox the console need to be config, with static ip?

3- Upnp will work with ip reservations?

Last one out the topic title

- my internet down/up is very poor.

what config. the netduma forum advise.

Hi WalkedDave,

1- your reserved IP's need to be within the 100-250 IP pool

2- yes set up the static IP on your XBox with the same IP as you reserved for it

3- Yes UPnP works with the reserved IP's

For low bandwidth:

You will want to use "Hyper Traffic" for your console

"Share Excess" should also be enabled

The rest of your settings will need to be determined by you.  You will need to experiment on what works best

Hi Major,

I've got an IP reserved on the Netduma outside of the 100-250 range, is that going to cause a problem?

The Netduma seems to have recognised the static IP that I put on my Xbox One before I had the Duma.

Hi Major,

I've got an IP reserved on the Netduma outside of the 100-250 range, is that going to cause a problem?

The Netduma seems to have recognised the static IP that I put on my Xbox One before I had the Duma.

Not sure if it will cause you a problem.  Are you having any connectivity issues using it right now? Do you have everything connected to your R1 before it goes to your modem?

Cool, you shouldn't have to do anything with your XB's IP.   The R1 will see the existing IP.  You may need to ID/Name your XB's IP in the device manager.  Your R1 IP should be something like 192.168.88.1.XXX, with the last octet being the IP for your Xbox. It depends on whether or not you have a modem router combo or just your R1 connected to a modem. The OP was asking about reserving the IP for his XB in the DHCP setting area.  

Seemed not to cause any problems, I've since done a complete rebuild of the network and now have my IP within that range automatically by the DHCP anyway.

Archived