WAN IP Problem

Hello, i´ve one Problem with my settings: 

1. When I enable WAN IP and type in the IP-Adress etc. in I can connect to the Netduma but I don´t have any Internet-access! My second problem is: what is the VLAN tag?? i don´t know what to type in so i disabled it...I do get good connection when I completely disable the WAN settings...do have to set up WAN?? 

May I have some support with that please? thx

2. Have ticked bleeding edge at the cloud settings. Do I have to let the auto cloud enabled or uptick that?? I don´t use any could stuff! thanks for your help 

1. Netduma R1 is ONLY router ..you can't use it as modem....if you have another device to use it as modem...etc. combo modem/router device  put it in "bridge" mode to work as modem only and then use in Netduma PPPoE connection to connect to internet.

VLAN tag...i wiil not tell you technical information...just think that is a "number" from ISP that configure the connection...etc. for Forthnet GR is "1102".

2. Both ticked.

Tell us more details...devices,ISP and so on.....and what do you want to do!!!

• Netduma Staff

Hello, i´ve one Problem with my settings: 

1. When I enable WAN IP and type in the IP-Adress etc. in I can connect to the Netduma but I don´t have any Internet-access! My second problem is: what is the VLAN tag?? i don´t know what to type in so i disabled it...I do get good connection when I completely disable the WAN settings...do have to set up WAN?? 

May I have some support with that please? thx

2. Have ticked bleeding edge at the cloud settings. Do I have to let the auto cloud enabled or uptick that?? I don´t use any could stuff! thanks for your help 

You don't need to set the WAN page up. And yes, keep bleeding edge and autocloud ticked.

1. Netduma R1 is ONLY router ..you can't use it as modem....if you have another device to use it as modem...etc. combo modem/router device  put it in "bridge" mode to work as modem only and then use in Netduma PPPoE connection to connect to internet.

VLAN tag...i wiil not tell you technical information...just think that is a "number" from ISP that configure the connection...etc. for Forthnet GR is "1102".

2. Both ticked.

Tell us more details...devices,ISP and so on.....and what do you want to do!!!

1. Thank you very much

a) I do have a Router (AVM Fritz Box 7490 (UI)) which is connected to my Netduma R1. The router connects to the Internet.  I use The Netduma R1 only with my PS4. Other devices are connected to my router (FritzBox) directly. But are switched off when I´m gaming. The connections are wired (Netduma - LANCable - Fritz Box Router; Netduma - LAN Cable - PS4 ). 

, my ISP is called 1&1 in Germany. I do have a flat rate Internet connection 50 down, 10 up. VDSL2 (ITU G.993.2), DSL-Version 1.100.133.42! 

c)What I want to do: just have good gaming experience with my PS4 COD Black ops3. have less lag, have good ping, etc. 

I don´t know If I need to fill out the WAN-settings at all. Until now I just disabled PPPoE and WAN IP and everything else that is on that setting page.

my gaming experience right now is ok....I just wanted to know If I can fine-tune the settings a little bit to get more out of my R1.

Thank you  

You don't need to set the WAN page up. And yes, keep bleeding edge and autocloud ticked.

Ok I got it...what is the WAN setting at the Netduma R1 good for?? What are the effects?? 

Thank you ver much...until I really know what it is good for I´ll keep everything on that setting page disabled/not set up! 

• Netduma Staff

Ok I got it...what is the WAN setting at the Netduma R1 good for?? What are the effects?? 

Thank you ver much...until I really know what it is good for I´ll keep everything on that setting page disabled/not set up! 

You would use it for setting a static IP for the Netduma. The only benefits I can see to doing this is 1) stop you having to change WAN IP in the DMZ of your other router if it isn't done my MAC address or 2) organising your network.

You would use it for setting a static IP for the Netduma. The only benefits I can see to doing this is 1) stop you having to change WAN IP in the DMZ of your other router if it isn't done my MAC address or 2) organising your network.

oh ok....but I already have a static IP for my Netduma which is given by my Router...had no bigger Issues with static IP until now! 

• Netduma Staff

oh ok....but I already have a static IP for my Netduma which is given by my Router...had no bigger Issues with static IP until now! 

Ok, then if you're doing it from your other router, you don't need to do it on the Netduma.

• Administrators

As above I wouldn't bother which changing anything to do with WAN.

If you want a better experience I would recommend connecting all your devices to the duma so you can make use of the congestion control.

Archived