Can't chat because of NAT

gkontos10

Hello my friends

Am facing a problem, when i am into a ps4 chat party, my friends can't hear me..

And we both get the message that we can't chat because of NAT type..

How to fix that?

• Netduma Staff

Have you put the R1 in DMZ? If not, there is an article here on how to do it.

If you have and the problem persists, disable the GeoFilter before joining the party, make sure everyone is in then reenable it :)

• Netduma Staff

Basically am connected with bridge...

You mean to disable my console on host screen or to untick strict mode?

Please could you describe how everything is connected together. Eg Modem >> R1 >> Other Devices etc.

You can disable the GeoFilter by pressing the disable button so it says enable, then join the party, invite everyone, let them join then you can reenable it. When you disable the GeoFilter it should look like this:

890b51181f471765a1901a750fb883c5.png

Also if they are outside of your geo filter range after you turn it off and invite them, make sure to give them a 100% rating before turning the filter back on again.

You do this by clicking on the circle that represents them and moving the slider all the way to the right, you can also give them a name at this point.

This enables them to always connect to you.

Very occasionally I have had to redo the above to allow friends from the states back in but only twice in around 3 weeks.

Thanks a lot guys that really helps

I just had to do the same exact thing. The easiest way for me (thanks lain as usual) was to invite the particular friend into a private match. Then I could see on the map who exactly who and where they are. Clicked on them, named the person and gave them 100%. Now they look like the circle on the legend (like a gear).

I did this with four different guys so far with success. I'll post the link in a minute.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=adding_friends_to_your_allow_list%C2%A0

Archived