Call of Duty and being in a party with friends

Say I'm playing Call of Duty Black ops 3 and I live in Ohio and I'm playing in a party with several friends who live across the country, what will happen? What happens if they're outside my geofilter area? Should I increase the geofilter area to cover the whole USA if I'm partied up with friends?

Also should I be the "host" of the party with friends and have them join me in game or does it make no difference?

Thanks!

Thanks for your quick response, your awesome! I will add my friends to my allow list and follow those steps. But can you suggest a few good practices for me to follow? Such as:

Should I be the "host" of the party with friends and have them join me in game or does it make no difference?  I'm thinking if I'm the host the whole party will follow me as it decides on a lobby? but if I'm not the host I might get separated from the host of the party in game?

I don't play a lot in parties so I will leave this answer for someone who does. But I believe it is best for you to be host and your whole party will benefit from your R1.

Occasionally peoples isp will reset peoples router with a new IP address, its called dynamic ip address. Basically you just need to re add them again, it only takes minutes. If you are struggling to get friends into your lobby it could be that their ip address has changed and you just need to turn off filter and re add them.

It happens to me about once a month and doesn't take long to sort out if you know why its happened.

Enjoy. :)

I reset my router and modem once a month, turn both off, unplug wait 5 minutes. Plug router back in and wait for dsl line light then turn on R1.

Don't think it makes bugger all difference but can't do any harm lol.

Occasionally peoples isp will reset peoples router with a new IP address, its called dynamic ip address. Basically you just need to re add them again, it only takes minutes. If you are struggling to get friends into your lobby it could be that their ip address has changed and you just need to turn off filter and re add them.

It happens to me about once a month and doesn't take long to sort out if you know why its happened.

Enjoy. :)

I reset my router and modem once a month, turn both off, unplug wait 5 minutes. Plug router back in and wait for dsl line light then turn on R1.

Don't think it makes bugger all difference but can't do any harm lol.

When you reset your router does it reset your friends allow list?

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum!

If you do a factory reset you will lose the allow list. If you're going to unplug the router (which you shouldn't need to do) reboot from settings > miscellaneous to make sure it's all saved. 

The easiest way would to be to save all your settings with a profile, then you can just upload it after a reset so you have everything how it was :)

Archived