geopanel.sh has a memory leak or something

@Dirty Dog thanks for testing Safari.

@Iain if you'd like I can debug this for you and find the bug...but obviously i cannot resolve it for you since it is closed source.

• 2 months later...

Just want to say this is happening with me as well.  Sometimes refreshing corrects it but other times I have to close the browser out all together.  

• Administrators

Hey abc, development has come to a standstill due to moving to our new office. But we have new project management system and this ticket is on there. If you have the time sure it would be very helpful :)

• 4 weeks later...

okay, so i haven't played any xbox live in about 3 weeks...but 1 hour of testing the geopanel with no ip's loading shows there isn't an issue...

I'm assuming that you create a dictionary with all IPs with lat, lng that you've played with...you need to also add a timestamp with last seen...

On access of that dictionary obj update this timestamp.

Then you'll need to process the list every now and again and anything over 30 minutes old trash...the issue appears to be that simple...

I'll dig more tomorrow and give you snapshot proof.

30 minutes is actually way to long, since you will be hit with a packet or two every 15 seconds...so really just whenever you get 0 packets from them for more than 2 minutes

• Administrators

30 minutes is actually way to long, since you will be hit with a packet or two every 15 seconds...so really just whenever you get 0 packets from them for more than 2 minutes

Thanks abc :)

• 3 weeks later...

abc123 stopped by and posted this link in my Canary Roundtable discussion.  This appears to be the same issue I am experiencing and it was especially painful last evening as I was running some lobbies with Safari open.

Any thoughts or further tests I can run to help assist?  This is getting really old, having to refresh the Congestion page after every lobby.

Thanks,

JD

At the moment Iain is working on this massive update so for the time being can you use Firefox as the issue should appear less :)

I'll give it a try.  Thanks Fraser!

Any better with Firefox, D?

Getting back on AW, so be good to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Sorry my man, this weekend was all chores, everyday and I didn't play a game of CoD.  I will say when I gamed on Thursday with both Safari and Chrome (total about 91K people online) I only ran into the issue a couple of times in about 2 hours.

I might get on line tonight and if I do, I will load Firefox specifically and give it a go.

Sorry my man, this weekend was all chores, everyday and I didn't play a game of CoD.  I will say when I gamed on Thursday with both Safari and Chrome (total about 91K people online) I only ran into the issue a couple of times in about 2 hours.

I might get on line tonight and if I do, I will load Firefox specifically and give it a go.

Cool, thanks bud.   :)

Sooo... Mrs. Dillinger, been cracking the whip eh? 

Good - LOL

it is a memory leak in the JavaScript (client side code) no browser will solve this...

2 Solutions:

1. remove the memory leak in the router source (done by Iain)

2. Identify the memory leak then go into the source on your browser and change it...then notify Iain so he can put it into the master source.

The first solution is the only real solution here...You could make it so a tab has more memory or you could hit Ctrl + R (F5) to clear the memory used by the javascript...

I need to do some more development on my iOS stuff so...i'll actually hook up my X1 and run it to the R1...then debug...I'm sure it is a simple dictionary issue and the fix will be a timestamp solution which me and Iain discussed...brb

Archived