Geo Filter Question

When I'm playing COD and I trace the location its indicating that I'm hosting to a dedicated server in Kansas then it gets re-directed to Washington and then finally back to California where I live. What exactly does that mean? Is there any way around it? Why does it take me out of my range settings? Thanks

I tried to ignore what Crossy said in his last post however last night when I was playing the host discription box was telling me I was hosting to a server 3611km even though my geofilter is set to a range of 1160km! According to the ping it was around 20ms...however the gameplay was extremely laggy and unplayable...I tried to give this server a low rating but I continued connecting to it, I then tried to temporary ban the server but I wasn't given the option to? Has anyone experienced this before and is there a solution or way around this? Thanks

• Administrators

I tried to ignore what Crossy said in his last post however last night when I was playing the host discription box was telling me I was hosting to a server 3611km even though my geofilter is set to a range of 1160km! According to the ping it was around 20ms...however the gameplay was extremely laggy and unplayable...I tried to give this server a low rating but I continued connecting to it, I then tried to temporary ban the server but I wasn't given the option to? Has anyone experienced this before and is there a solution or way around this? Thanks

It may have been a player if you didn't have the option to temporarily ban it. It is a mis located server, I should be doing a cloud update this week. You will have had PA on or strict off if you were connecting outside your radius. 

Still getting put in laggy lobbies with the same server today... :(

Strict on, PA 0 and you won't connect to it :)

Archived