Destiny Lag problem

rlocklear25

• Administrators

Un tick strict mode as well. I have moved your topic to general support where it is most relevant. If the suggestions don't work please update your post and comment to adhere to the support template.

I have a question i'm hoping you guys can help me out on Destiny, when I play with the geo filter on i frequently get someone in the lobby with a crazy high ping of anywhere from 400ms to 1600ms. Is this an anomaly or a real problem because sometimes it runs ok then other times its unplayable, when I play with the geo filter off I never get that issue. Any help would be appreciated 

Yes i get  the same its normally i reckon the Bungie dedi server sometimes you will see the circle around Seattle area,when you go to rate it you cant and i think thats the high ping,you dont always connect to it honestly sounds odd,but thats what ive made of it,and you can trace it as well..

With geo off suppose you dont get it maybe as your connecting with anyone everywhere,this Destiny matchmaking is just madness i think.

Only my opinion tho

• Administrators

I think some people have had that before. I believe this is an anomaly, potentially caused by not being able to connect to a player, who is therefore going through a dedicated server that you can connect to.

• 4 weeks later...

I done gave up on this router for this freakin game. I still match up with laggy players. This considering Bungie went with a more connection based search ( so they say ). I don't know what else to freakin do in terms of settings. Right now the Netduma is just another router for me. Sorry to rant, but it's just been frustrating. 

I'm in the midst of testing the game again in preparation for another cloud so will see if there is anything we can do further.

You can't do anything about it Fraser: it's the matchmaking of the game.

Archived