Cannot connect to wifi

apierringer

My Netduma was working fine for about a week and then started losing connection randomly.  I would reset the router and everything would work again.  But now I cannot get anything to connect to the router via wifi.  Plus I also can't get connectivity to the internet via ethernet cable because it keeps saying DNS not working.  My internet connection is fine but the Netduma will not allow internet access.  Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Guest Netduma Fraser

So you can access the R1 control panel if you wire in? Follow the advice given so far as they should help :)

Ive just re-read this and i notice you also say it does not work via ethernet cable.

Have you changed the DNS in the duma settings or on your pc at all?

Do you have another router in the set up that has had the DNS changed?

Sometimes malware/hijacks change your proxy settings in your browser please check.

I appreciate everyones help.  I haven't had a chance to test it out yet because I just had a new internet provider installed.  But I will definitely test out all the help.  The way I have it setup at the moment is my ISP router/modem directly to the Netduma.  I had AT&T U-Verse and just switched to Time Warner Cable.  I will test everything out and let you all know.  Thank you!

I appreciate everyones help.  I haven't had a chance to test it out yet because I just had a new internet provider installed.  But I will definitely test out all the help.  The way I have it setup at the moment is my ISP router/modem directly to the Netduma.  I had AT&T U-Verse and just switched to Time Warner Cable.  I will test everything out and let you all know.  Thank you!

This issue sounds a lot like http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1201-my-friend-reset-the-netduma-with-the-button-behind-and-now-he-cant-access-the-router-software/

Try following the unbricking guide: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/542-solution-cant-get-to-netduma-dashboard-netduma-bricked/

So I was able to get Wifi working again and even got NAT: open on my Xbox One Advanced Warfare.  I was extremely excited!  Then after a couple hours my Netduma beeps and then I lose all internet.  I can reset the Netduma a couple times and then my internet will come back.  I have verified that I do not lose internet through my ISP router/modem, it is strictly through the Netduma router.  I have made sure that my software shows that it is up to date.  I currently have the Netduma completely out of my network (which is disheartening) because I am getting extremely irritated at continuously having to reset the router.  Does anyone have any ideas?  

My setup goes ISP router/modem connected to Netduma, all wifi connections are made through the Netduma and my Xbox One is hard wired to the Netduma.  My ISP router/modem is set to bridge mode and my Xbox One has a static IP.  I hope someone is able to help me because I would really enjoy using the Netduma!

Guest Netduma Fraser

So I was able to get Wifi working again and even got NAT: open on my Xbox One Advanced Warfare.  I was extremely excited!  Then after a couple hours my Netduma beeps and then I lose all internet.  I can reset the Netduma a couple times and then my internet will come back.  I have verified that I do not lose internet through my ISP router/modem, it is strictly through the Netduma router.  I have made sure that my software shows that it is up to date.  I currently have the Netduma completely out of my network (which is disheartening) because I am getting extremely irritated at continuously having to reset the router.  Does anyone have any ideas?  

My setup goes ISP router/modem connected to Netduma, all wifi connections are made through the Netduma and my Xbox One is hard wired to the Netduma.  My ISP router/modem is set to bridge mode and my Xbox One has a static IP.  I hope someone is able to help me because I would really enjoy using the Netduma!

It beeps when it restarts, is it possible someone reset it? I think upgrading to the latest version may help which you can find here http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_updatethere will then be things we can change that may help :)

I know no one is resetting it only because it happens while I am in the room.  I will check out if this is the version I currently have downloaded once I get home from work.  I know when I go to the page that shows the software it says up to date (or whatever the verbage is that is used).  I would definitely be interested in any help that is provided though.  One other quick note, I have noticed that it will not keep my home location or my current time.  Every time I log into the Netduma I have to update the time and my location.  I hope that helps. Thank you!

Archived