my BT experience so far

daz

after a long time with talk talk and terrible customer and internet service i decided to leave them when fibre was available to my house and i chose BT and ive been with them about a month getting 15ms ping and 80/20 speeds and all was good until a few hours ago that is when something has gone wrong and now im getting anything between less than 1mb to 73mb speeds and ping 20-1000+ms so gaming is unplayable :(

customer service knowledgable and helpful but that still aint fixed the problem tonight but they getting back to me tuesday morning and if its not sorted by then im getting out of my contract thanks to a handy email i kept from them stating a guaranteed minimum 74mb speed which i rarely achieve btw but cant rule out the duma as causing that issue so it dont bother me as my speeds are still usually very near what i should be getting and the ping has been very solid.

also the cabinet is stone throw from my house and brand spanking new.

so sadly no gaming tonight and tomoz dont matter as im off to see derren brown so they got until tuesday to fix problem

hope anyone looking to change providers find this usefull

little update 8/3/16

been in touch with bt help again and whatever they done has given me a low stable ping again at 14/15ms and some how im getting up to 156mb downloadheir 

the customer service actually does want to help and fix issues

And you still have wild pings.

I am sure if this is the case they will either fix the the line fault or give you a working HH5 (though they are rare ;) )

ye still wild ping and speed, i know what im getting on laptop isnt gona be exactly what xbox getting due to hyperlane but its still visually bad in game

little update

been in touch with bt help again and whatever they done has given me a low stable ping again at 14/15ms and some how im getting up to 156mb downloadheir 

the customer service actually does want to help and fix issues

• Administrators

That first test will be in their core network so it will be very fast. Though that doesn't explain the huge discrepancy with speedtest.net, how close is the speed test server to you? Have you tried others in the vicinity in case the one you were testing with was overloaded?

What happens when you test wired?

That first test will be in their core network so it will be very fast. Though that doesn't explain the huge discrepancy with speedtest.net, how close is the speed test server to you? Have you tried others in the vicinity in case the one you were testing with was overloaded?

What happens when you test wired?

similar speed when wired and similar speed on other servers

Archived