Wifi Dropping Regularly

I've had the netduma a couple of weeks and I have noted a fair few wifi dropouts, today it has dropped many times. I do have the enable wifi-workaround unticked as it recommends in the FAQ. Never had these issues with my previous router. I cannot seem to find any logs on the router that would help me understand why this dropping is occurring. Any ideas?

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum :)

Can you try using a wifi analyser to ensure you are on the least congestion channel and also make sure that you have wifi disabled on your previous router to stop interference.

Also make sure that your router is not in close proximity to other electrical devices such as telephones microwaves etc.

I had this issue along with the router re-booting several times a day, I moved it about 2 feet away from the landline telephone and have not had a problem since.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have changed the channel and moved it further away from the landline telephone. It does seem to be a bit better but I am still getting intermittent slow downs when using wireless devices, something that I wasn't getting with my previous router.

As I am only really home at peak times that is hard to answer, but it's definitely a problem at peak times.

Something that is interesting, when I am having the problem if I run a speed check from my iPad I get ridiculously bad results e.g 0.07 mbits. I know that running a speed check over wireless is not accurate but this is a good illustration of what happens to my connection.

I have been using my old router for the past couple of days and all is well again, but obviously no great netduma features :-(

Hi same is happening to me, and this started with the last update. I need to reboot the r1 couple of times a day. I would be watching a video in youtube or trying to go to a web page and it starts buffering, if I check the speed it gives me very slow speeds; I have 75/11 and get 3/1, once it reboots it goes back to normal. It is getting kind of annoying. I do not have any other router, just a cable modem and the R1.

• Administrators

To everyone with these issues try the following:

• Disable wifi workaround, if it's already disabled enable it.
  • Find the best wifi channel for your area and change to it.
  • Some users have experienced changing wifi security mode to help.
  • Ensure there are no wireless devices in close proximity to the router e.g. headsets, phones etc

• 1 month later...

I am having same exact issue and accidentally started a new topic on this until i found this one. I've done the recommended just now.  Changed the WiFi channel, enabled the WiFi workaround and ensured that no devices are near it phone etc.  I did not try changing the security stuff.  I've never had this issue until recently!  I've had my R1 router now probably over a year.  Will update if it worked not worked etc.

Thank You

Asim

Archived