Mtu Not working

Omega

Hey guys,

Finally getting around to making this thread about mtu bot applying. Changed on both Wan and Lan, rebooted router just for good measure and to no avail. Test used was xbl network test which reports mtu. Not sure what to do at this point.

Hey guys,

Finally getting around to making this thread about mtu bot applying. Changed on both Wan and Lan, rebooted router just for good measure and to no avail. Test used was xbl network test which reports mtu. Not sure what to do at this point.

XB1 reports a 1480MTU regardless, do not worry about it, everyone gets those results but your MTU will be 1500 if set as AUTO or 1500...

No even if i set on duma to say 1384...mtu will report as 1480 which is xbox default...when changing on different router xbox report will reflect changed value. Perhaps a bug that should be looked into.

No even if i set on duma to say 1384...mtu will report as 1480 which is xbox default...when changing on different router xbox report will reflect changed value. Perhaps a bug that should be looked into.

I'll put that to the test, thanks.

Packets do not fragment...mtu of 1500 allowed thru Lan with dnf set and 1472 payload...if anything dropping mtu to 1384 as stated would only solve any fragmentation issues anyway. Must be bug

Keep in mind that no matter what MTU you have set for your local network your ISP has control of the size of MTU as well. Getting a report on the XB1 network test of 1480 or 1472 is normal. Also keep in mind that even if the R1 is using smaller MTU the XB1 can still send 1500 which will be repacked on the other side of the R1.

• Administrators

Keep in mind that no matter what MTU you have set for your local network your ISP has control of the size of MTU as well. Getting a report on the XB1 network test of 1480 or 1472 is normal. Also keep in mind that even if the R1 is using smaller MTU the XB1 can still send 1500 which will be repacked on the other side of the R1.

Good point. Have you changed MTU on ISP hub if possible?

Not at all what im concerned about lol...im saying that if i set up a nighthawk and set mtu lower than 1480(default xbox mtu due to teredo tunneling) that mtu(lets say 1472) is reflected when running mtu test whether on xbox or pc...when changing it on r1 it doesnt change the mtu

Ah, so lowering it with the netgear does change the test's results? I can't recall right now, but is there a setting on the R1 to change the WAN and LAN MTU separately? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived