Fios With Netduma

koolisdon2006

Hi all i have this issue where i cannot get my speeds. I have the Netdumba after my ONT then then i have my actiontec router that Verizon gave me the actiontec is for my tv service and nothing else. I use the netduma for everything else. Now if i put the congestion control on Preemptive i will only get half my speeds and my tv will work fine..If i put it in Reactive i can get all my speeds but the actiontec will not get any internet to supply the tv..What can i do to get this to work. I want my speeds back and get the tv working Thanks..

Ont-Netduma-actiontec

That's the diagram for the way i have it hooked up

Hi all i have this issue where i cannot get my speeds. I have the Netdumba after my ONT then then i have my actiontec router that Verizon gave me the actiontec is for my tv service and nothing else. I use the netduma for everything else. Now if i put the congestion control on Preemptive i will only get half my speeds and my tv will work fine..If i put it in Reactive i can get all my speeds but the actiontec will not get any internet to supply the tv..What can i do to get this to work. I want my speeds back and get the tv working Thanks..

Ont-Netduma-actiontec

That's the diagram for the way i have it hooked up

Hi there - Have you seen this page from the wiki on the router?  http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_is_my_speed_lower

Koolisdon,

Besides what JD said...I would think you're actiontec would need to be before your R1 with the sitiuation you're in.  The Fios actiontec router normally uses Coax instead of Ethernet.  Did you ask VZW to change your ONT from Coax to Ethernet?  The reason I'm asking is because I did have my ONT switched to Ethernet, and when I did that they told me if I ever wanted TV or Phone service I would need to use their router because it needs Coax to function correctly.

Koolisdon,

Besides what JD said...I would think you're actiontec would need to be before your R1 with the sitiuation you're in.  The Fios actiontec router normally uses Coax instead of Ethernet.  Did you ask VZW to change your ONT from Coax to Ethernet?  The reason I'm asking is because I did have my ONT switched to Ethernet, and when I did that they told me if I ever wanted TV or Phone service I would need to use their router because it needs Coax to function correctly.

I will try what JD said but i do have it set up ethernet i do not want any thing to do with the Coax lol

What speeds are you paying for? You probably don't want to hear this, but it sounds like you may have to settle for half your speeds if you're going to keep the actiontec router in the mix. Of course try everything you can to get your speeds back to normal. I'm not an expert by any means. I only have my conversations with VZW tech support as reference. Good luck bro.

Theres really no reason to have the Netduma in front of the Actiontec, especially if you have TV service.  There is a way to configure it to do so, but it is fairly complicated if you are not tech savvy, and the Verizon tech support will not support your service if you do so.  

That said, I have mine set up as ONT>Actiontec>Duma and everything works great.  I turn off the Actiontec Wifi and just connect all devices to the Netduma for the congestion control and prioritization services.  If I use Reactive Algorithm with sliders set to 100, I get my full speeds (remember that preemptive is not designed to give you full speeds, it is designed to be more sensitive to ping/jitter).  So that is what I recommend

• Administrators

Hey, it sounds like you have great advice from people here and from someone in the same situation. So I would do that so you can make use of all our features still and have your TV service as well.

The main reason is the nat table issue with the Actiontec router. It just locks up sometimes For that reason. I build and work on computers all day long and for some reason i just can't figure out what this issue is. I always had my main router first with this service..Any more ideas? 

Theres really no reason to have the Netduma in front of the Actiontec, especially if you have TV service.  There is a way to configure it to do so, but it is fairly complicated if you are not tech savvy, and the Verizon tech support will not support your service if you do so.  

That said, I have mine set up as ONT>Actiontec>Duma and everything works great.  I turn off the Actiontec Wifi and just connect all devices to the Netduma for the congestion control and prioritization services.  If I use Reactive Algorithm with sliders set to 100, I get my full speeds (remember that preemptive is not designed to give you full speeds, it is designed to be more sensitive to ping/jitter).  So that is what I recommend

I have FIO's, I have the ONT with a Cat6 that I ran myself to my Actiontec, then a short (1' long) Cat6 to my Netduma. My Actiontec has my NetDuma in DMZ, then off my Duma I have a Airport extreme router that "feeds" my house and two Cat6 wire to my PS3 and PS4. I have FIO's TV, the only reason the TV service uses the Actiontec is for the TV Guide. But with your Algorithm I been messing around with mine too. I only really play COD, and with the Reactive I get faster speeds and a smoother ping. Also in game I "fee" that the connection is better. I pay for a 50/50 internet and I put my CC sliders at 70 percent and run the COD Ultimate profile and tweak it even more (lower my Ping Assist to 20, YES 20, lol. I live in NY by CT and always conect to the NJ server with a ping (by Netduma's Auto Ping Host) of 4.7-6ms.

Archived