I updated to 1.03.6g from my default firmware.

So i got the "early adopter" edition of the netduma a while back, and i have no clue what # firmware it was when i got it. Yesterday i downloaded the latest firmware update & I just want to make sure i don't need to go through other firmware first or if its ok that i just downloaded the most recent one. 

Been having some lag spike issues here and there on black ops 3.

I also have 1 more question: I play a lot of gamebattle matches, and umg wagers. I usually host for my team. Would it be best if i set my congestion control sliders to 100% when i'm hosting ? and change them back when playing off host?....weird question i know but i was curious.

Start with sliders at 70/70 both ways and adjust from there,if solo or in a party.If you leave the sliders at 100/100 you won't leave any headroom for local network congestion.

Alright can anyone else comment on just going straight to the new firmware without ever updating since purchase ? I've already updated it and was just wondering if i'm good or not

K7IMK31.png

If the R1 is working then you should be ok. I updated mine manually and was ok however I noticed a few problems. I did a factory reset with out using the "Preserve Settings" then set up from scratch and R1 has been good since then.

• Administrators

If you updated and it's working then you do not need to worry. However, please in future read the post carefully. If you had bricked your router without getting us to check it you would have to send it back to us for repair at your own cost. As you are fine no need to worry!

As above start on 70/70 to eliminate any local congestion and if you struggle to host raise the sliders.

Archived