slow 1 gig speed only getting 90 down and 50 up

i have 1 gig and 50 up and can't get close to that speed have sliders at 100 on upload and download and also have super turbo mode enabled only getting around 90 down and 50 up something is wrong in my settings followed all the instructions disabled ipv6 everywhere have reactive enabled too.

• Administrators

If you have auto setup for bandwidth 999 then you may have hit your max of what the router can achieve.

In theory you should be able to achieve ~900mbps but in a real world setting this may not always be possible.

Also ensure you're using at least cat6e ethernet cables.

If you have auto setup for bandwidth 999 then you may have hit your max of what the router can achieve.

In theory you should be able to achieve ~900mbps but in a real world setting this may not always be possible.

Also ensure you're using at least cat6e ethernet cables.

Did you mean CAT6?

To get best performances on for actual 1000Mb and beyond, you need 10Gb supporting connection rate devices. Unfortunately there isn't much if any currently for consumer class 10Gb HW. 10Gb is mostly kept to big business and enterprise class environments. I presume that maybe in the next 5 years we may see that change. There's been talk here and there of it in other forums. Same thing happened when we graduated from 100Mb to 1000Mb years back. Current consumer HW wont do much passed 900Mb.

• Administrators

I can't see that would make a difference. You are above the threshold for settings changes for those speeds anyway so no other settings would change by you doing that. 

Follow this precisely:

• Input your speeds 999/50, don't allow auto setup.
  • Use reactive algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess on
  • Reset device prioritisation and apply
  • IPv6 disabled in WAN, LAN & misc.
  • Deep packet processing disabled in misc
  • Turbo & Super turbo ticked in misc
  • Ensure all devices are connected to the R1 via ethernet or wifi (if wifi make sure they don't automatically connect to your ISP hub)
  • Do a wired speed test from your PC (ensure your PC is capable of gigabit speeds - check for drivers)

Archived