Connecting issues

Hello I live in USA and just recently bought netduma. When I bought it I hooked it up and worked fine, and then next day it got disconnected. So ever since I tried to reconnect and I failed.i have Comcast internet with gateway all in one modem/ router. So is there a way to remotely get in my netduma router and get this fixed or how can this be fixed, cause I'm about to freak out and return this equipment I almost had enough. Please help

• Administrators

Hello I live in USA and just recently bought netduma. When I bought it I hooked it up and worked fine, and then next day it got disconnected. So ever since I tried to reconnect and I failed.i have Comcast internet with gateway all in one modem/ router. So is there a way to remotely get in my netduma router and get this fixed or how can this be fixed, cause I'm about to freak out and return this equipment I almost had enough. Please help

Hey, welcome to the forum. Are you able to connect to the interface when connected to the R1 via a wired connection? Do you get internet?

i just got my netduma r1 the SN passeord is rong the netnuma sopport team told me i spelled it wrong i don't think so i send them a picture with the SN sticker on the box and then text them the password so if i can do that how am i getting the password wrong

As I said in my first response if that didn't work then connect via an ethernet cable, go to the interface and change the wifi password manually :)

Well still can't do nothing and yes the only thing I can do is get into interface but with no connection I don't know how this is possible. I can see everything and change but still no connection. And also is there other way of support here except messages like this. I'm thinking like remote support phone call etc. it's been really frustrating that I spend $227 for something I can't use so please help here I'm going crazy

Mirza

Patience is the key, there is folk on here who spend a lot of their own time helping people on here. I know from being on here for about couple of months the customer service is the best iv'e ever seen on anything.

Fraser does do 1on1, so remote support is there (he takes control of your pc).

1st things 1st, go into settings,misc, and make sure allow remote access is ticked, also untick wi-fi workaround,and make sure cookies is ticked also.

Reboot router, now do you have anything??

Is your netduma configured properly from the initial set up point of view ?

Since it's an all in one modem/router did you put it in DMZ or bridge mode (passthrough) and does the modem/router show that the device (duma) is in DMZ or passthrough ?

I have no idea now I'm lost on what needs to be done and what u r talking about. So confusing so much to do it should be simple like plug it in and u go and play. I'm a dummy for this stuff need some desperate help thanks

Thats the problem with folk buying this router, they don't realise there is a lot of tinkering involved, without reviewing it properly, and i was one of them.

Have a look here, http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=user_manual

And just follow some steps.

Or.... go into the r1 setup, device manager, and copy the ip address under the blue box, then view other router interface, and find anything with dmz, and tick it and type that ip address into it.

I think that's right anyway, maybe someone else with a bit more knowledge can explain it better.

Well when I go to device manager I only see red edit and under it says wan ip and under cloud with router icon and down left one device and right other device and neither one is connected to the router so I'm lost and confused

• Administrators

Does a WAN IP appear in device manager? 

If not go to settings > WAN and make sure static is disabled. Then turn off the R1 and turn off your ISP hub. Wait 10 seconds then turn on your ISP hub. Wait 30 seconds then turn on the R1. You should now have internet access.

Now netduma mister Fraser ur not helping at all. Like I said its all there I been trying to get help here for a whole 24 hours and none of this is working or I don't know how it's done so. If this is the only way to help me can u help me by sending me RMA code so I can return this router and get it over with cause this is ridiculously frustrating Oke thanks

Just for your records I just did what u said and still nothing still no connection. And if I take Ethernet cable out of r1 and plug it in directly to my ps4 it works wich means my ISP I working properly so I hit the wall again

Now I can see that support here is very slow and weak. Just look at the time frames how long it takes for you guys to reapond and then when u do is one of those try this try that and then u just ignore it all but it's ok. My $227 I spend on getting this router seems like a big waste of time and money. I can't believe that you guys don't understand that I have no router no connection from it and no one seems to care wow. I just hope I get helped in returning this equipment that's all I want from this point on cause technical support is not there , what's the point of waiting for something that isn't there. Hmmmmmmmm

• Administrators

Now netduma mister Fraser ur not helping at all. Like I said its all there I been trying to get help here for a whole 24 hours and none of this is working or I don't know how it's done so. If this is the only way to help me can u help me by sending me RMA code so I can return this router and get it over with cause this is ridiculously frustrating Oke thanks

I provided a potential solution that had not been suggested thus far. I'm trying to help. 

Just for your records I just did what u said and still nothing still no connection. And if I take Ethernet cable out of r1 and plug it in directly to my ps4 it works wich means my ISP I working properly so I hit the wall again

Thank you for trying my suggestion. Did you have a WAN IP? Was WAN set to static? 

There is more than just doing what u said there is internet before hits r1 and then nothing no wifi no cable nothing after I include r1 router and after I do what u and other two guys said

I understand that. Does your ISP hub show the R1 as being connected or does it not show up at all?

Now I can see that support here is very slow and weak. Just look at the time frames how long it takes for you guys to reapond and then when u do is one of those try this try that and then u just ignore it all but it's ok. My $227 I spend on getting this router seems like a big waste of time and money. I can't believe that you guys don't understand that I have no router no connection from it and no one seems to care wow. I just hope I get helped in returning this equipment that's all I want from this point on cause technical support is not there , what's the point of waiting for something that isn't there. Hmmmmmmmm

Sorry you feel that way. If you have any suggestions on how I can help without suggesting things for you to try to achieve an internet connection please let me know. I/we are not ignoring your issue. Hence why I am here 6 hours after normal support hours have ended. I am sorry you feel we do not care about your issue. 

I am happy to continue to try and help with your issue. If you do not wish to do so please email [email protected] referencing this thread and we can sort out your refund. Just so you know we may not reply at the weekend but you will certainly receive a response on Monday. 

I hope you have a good weekend and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve customer service please do let us know in your email. 

I have no suggestions if I did I would do it myself. One thing I know my isp modem/router send internet thru a Ethernet cable to R1 and that's it it stays there so the only way to resolve this is to one of u guys remotely get into my R1 and check all of the settings and see where is the problem and is it fixable if not then send me another R1 and try that. But also my cloud setting keeps loading never loads up I just found that out I don't know if that helps.

• Administrators

I have no suggestions if I did I would do it myself. One thing I know my isp modem/router send internet thru a Ethernet cable to R1 and that's it it stays there so the only way to resolve this is to one of u guys remotely get into my R1 and check all of the settings and see where is the problem and is it fixable if not then send me another R1 and try that. But also my cloud setting keeps loading never loads up I just found that out I don't know if that helps.

Again you haven't really answered the questions I've asked. I'm wanting to know if the ISP hub itself actually recognises the R1 as being connected when you look at its interface. We cannot remote access the router if it cannot connect to the internet.

Yes that makes sense because you cannot connect to the internet.

Do you know if your ISP requires PPPoE or IPv6? 

Archived