strange connection findings

bagsta69

Hi yall, no rush on answering this as at the moment it's clan wars and I cant really check anything but thought I would just post some of my findings over the last few days which make me feel my R1 is not set up correctly or the AW dedicated servers are the biggest pile of ........

when I first got my R1 set up and correctly set up I noticed a big difference in hit detection and generally a smoother game play overall.

I even managed a game of TDM going 18-4 (which for me is unheard of as I am average to say the least)

Since last weekend I have been struggling with playing the game, It's very hard to describe why as it doesn't seem to be hit detection or lag per se but just doesn't feel right and I have been struggling to go positive at all on both normal maps and DLC.

Last night and earlier this evening I turned off my geo filter and joined an invite from friends in Canada and the east coast USA.

The ping to the party leader was around 120 - 140 ms and I was expecting a mare but the gameplay for the most part was fine.

Not outstanding but certainly more than playable and felt easier to play than what I have with my geo filter turned on.

Is anybody else having these issues at all or similar?

Im sure it is probably on Activisions end but thought I would ask and put it out there.

My settings are 25 down and 2 up with ping of 28ms on internet test.

when gaming I cap up and down at 70% and give my PS4 35% of available bandwidth. ticking share excess

PS with PA deep packet processing is unticked .

Any thoughts?

Yeah some dedis are rubbish and if you are getting better at the game and your k/d spm is going up then you will get hit by SBMM (skill based match making) that makes lobbies harder.

You mention the high ping game when you turn off the geo then you can also feel the effects of lag compensation in your favour.

Not sure sbmm is to blame as I lack the primary word in that phrase, lol.

My kdr was 1.05 and has dropped to 1.01 spm Im too embarassed to admit to. lol

Im sure it will all get sorted before to long, anyways Im off to go blow up cars and try harder

Cheers guys. :)

Not sure sbmm is to blame as I lack the primary word in that phrase, lol.

My kdr was 1.05 and has dropped to 1.01 spm Im too embarassed to admit to. lol

Im sure it will all get sorted before to long, anyways Im off to go blow up cars and try harder

Cheers guys. :)

Did you try to up it to 100% from 70? I'm going to try that tonight. It has been choppy the last couple days. I'm still tweaking and figuring this stuff out.

Archived