My R1's reliability decreases with every minute that passes since powering on.

I could fill a novel with the issues I'm currently experiencing with my R1, many are minor inconveniences that probably shouldn't annoy me as much as they do, however I suspect all the problems I'm suffering from are the result from it running at 100% of its processing power all the time.

Since updating from .5 to .6 I need to disconnect the power cable every 2-3 hours just to be able to connect to the Internet. After a short few hours of playing, ppl I'm playing with all of a sudden disconnect from the party and cannot rejoin, even when there white listed and inside my geo filter range. Rebooting using the UI button reboots the netduma and disconnects me from the Internet but once reconnected doesn't solve any issues. Removing power cable is only way to fix.

Upon netdumas reboot the setting which it boots with are a lottery, sometimes it boots with everything as it was when I removed power, other times it loads settings from a "moment" from a few days ago

"i.e. I needed to disable get filter to whitelist a new friend and was also using distance setting much different from normal at the time, which as soon as I was able to whitelist this person the settings were changed back to normal and geo enabled" and since this memorable occurrence I have removed power on more then 10 occasions and have even reverted to factory default settings, yet this setting gets loaded upon boot about 25% of the time.

Another thing I've noticed if I disconnect every cable and all wireless devices and only plug in 1 cable to my PC (a new I7 with 16gb ram, SSD) and I go to the geo filter page, the "radar" lags, it will smoothly move the jump a large amount then freeze ect. And changing pages in the UI takes minutes before loading frequently.

These issues I believe help me describe to u the problems I'm having but gameplay and general Internet connectivity problems are significant and every 2-3 hours result in me having to pull the power for a few minutes just to be able to have to netduma be able to provide horrible a connection.

I've spent days infront of it with a notebook changing one setting at a time, then testing without any difference being found, I've followed the wiki, then tried to follow almost every piece of advice I could find on this forum and then from YT, and Reddit, and no improvement in the slightest.

Fraiser, Lian I'm willing to follow whatever advice u have, record screenshots even videos showing the problems I'm encountering or whatever else you may need so you can get the full picture of my problem so we can solve it.

But frankly it runs as well as you would expect an old PC based on a 15 year old AMD Athlon 2400 cpu trying to run Windows 10 booted from a floppy disk.

Hey dude I had a crap ton of issues with .6 when I installed. Any change I made after a while would lock the thing up. I reinstalled .5 as if it were a new firmware. .5 worked great so I redownloaded .6 deleted the old downloaded file. I factory reset my netduma router and the installed the .6 firmware and it works great now. Not sure if it will help but it worked for me as the first time I installed .6 it was shit!

The too long didn't read version of all that is something is broken in my netduma, hopefully it's just a software issue that can be corrected remotely or manually by following some genius advice u may have, or possibly it's a hardware problem.

I did experience a few issues on the earlier software versions but there were not device breaking problems like I'm suffering from now

Secret face, thanks for the advice, I have tried doing that as well, but it failed when trying to install the .5 (sorry I can't remember why it failed, I'm at work right now, but at home I have a screenshot with the error message)

Hmm weird I hadf no issue installing the one I had saved on my laptop. Would like to see that error when you get to it.

No worries. And I'll try do as u said above when I get home, as at this point anything has to be better then nothing, as I've had to go back to using my nighthawk as the netduma wasn't worth the hassle the last 2 days as I'm very close to finishing the grinde to 10th

I could fill a novel with the issues I'm currently experiencing with my R1, many are minor inconveniences that probably shouldn't annoy me as much as they do, however I suspect all the problems I'm suffering from are the result from it running at 100% of its processing power all the time.

Since updating from .5 to .6 I need to disconnect the power cable every 2-3 hours just to be able to connect to the Internet. After a short few hours of playing, ppl I'm playing with all of a sudden disconnect from the party and cannot rejoin, even when there white listed and inside my geo filter range. Rebooting using the UI button reboots the netduma and disconnects me from the Internet but once reconnected doesn't solve any issues. Removing power cable is only way to fix.

Upon netdumas reboot the setting which it boots with are a lottery, sometimes it boots with everything as it was when I removed power, other times it loads settings from a "moment" from a few days ago

"i.e. I needed to disable get filter to whitelist a new friend and was also using distance setting much different from normal at the time, which as soon as I was able to whitelist this person the settings were changed back to normal and geo enabled" and since this memorable occurrence I have removed power on more then 10 occasions and have even reverted to factory default settings, yet this setting gets loaded upon boot about 25% of the time.

Another thing I've noticed if I disconnect every cable and all wireless devices and only plug in 1 cable to my PC (a new I7 with 16gb ram, SSD) and I go to the geo filter page, the "radar" lags, it will smoothly move the jump a large amount then freeze ect. And changing pages in the UI takes minutes before loading frequently.

These issues I believe help me describe to u the problems I'm having but gameplay and general Internet connectivity problems are significant and every 2-3 hours result in me having to pull the power for a few minutes just to be able to have to netduma be able to provide horrible a connection.

I've spent days infront of it with a notebook changing one setting at a time, then testing without any difference being found, I've followed the wiki, then tried to follow almost every piece of advice I could find on this forum and then from YT, and Reddit, and no improvement in the slightest.

Fraiser, Lian I'm willing to follow whatever advice u have, record screenshots even videos showing the problems I'm encountering or whatever else you may need so you can get the full picture of my problem so we can solve it.

But frankly it runs as well as you would expect an old PC based on a 15 year old AMD Athlon 2400 cpu trying to run Windows 10 booted from a floppy disk.

Try doing a factory reset with the button on the back. Hold it down until the router reboots, then set it up again. This fixed some of the issues I was having after updating to .6

• Administrators

Secret face, thanks for the advice, I have tried doing that as well, but it failed when trying to install the .5 (sorry I can't remember why it failed, I'm at work right now, but at home I have a screenshot with the error message)

If you were going to do that you need to uncheck check version. Though I wouldn't recommend downgrading at all. 

What is your current setup and speeds?

What browser are you using?

Are the disconnects connected via wireless or wired?

You could try a factory reset from misc settings or the back of the router, if you do this changes the password to "netdumar1"

My current setup is HFC cable using a netgear cg3000v2 modem/router in bridge mode and cat6 to netduma. All connections to netduma are cat6 except my phone which I don't use to access the UI.

I get 100mb/2mb with a 9ms ping when direct from modem to pc, cannot get beter then 42mb/1.8mb when the netduma is is connected whether or not deep packet processing is enabled or not and whether or not turbo mode is enable, and whether or not the pc is allocated 100% in congestion control.

I'm using chrome as my browser as advised to in a previous post when I had issues earlier.

The disconnects are wired.

It's worth mentioning I live alone so have 100% percent control on usage of my internet and only have my Xbone and PC on when playing and the PC is only to access the netduma UI and have all background downloading disabled when playing.

I have factory reset from the UI and no effect to improve my situation, as yet I haven't tried following secret faces advice as now u have responded.

• Administrators

Is it all devices that are wired that encounter the disconnects or just specific ones?

For your speeds, set 200/200 in bandwidth settings and let it auto setup for you.

Then put in your normal speeds and don't let it auto setup.

Do you speeds return?

I'll try what you suggested. To clarify the disconnections I experience are only on the Xbone, and they don't prevent Internet access, just do strange things like disbanding my party and then prevent one or more party members from being able to rejoin my party, even tho I've been playing with them for several games and they are white listed and showing up as they are whitelisted in the UI.

It can also boot me from a chat party I have been in for a while and prevents me from rejoining it.

The only way to be able to solve this issues when the occur is pulling the power cord on the netduma, I have tried turning off the Xbox and using the UI reboot button and hearing the beep when it reboots waiting 1 minute and turning on the Xbone but the party connection issues remain.

The frustration is that this occurs every time I play as I only play when I expect to be able to play several hours and the netduma hangs every 2-3 hours. And to get this long I have to unplug the netduma for a minute before each time I play.

I have not noticed internet connectivity problems on other devices when this problem arises, I will try to remember to try a few websites on my PC before rebooting next time it happens.

• Administrators

Okay interesting. 

Is your NAT open? Do the people in your party also have an open NAT? 

Does this occur just when playing BO3 or does this happen with other games/at the dashboard?

Are you hard turning off the Xbox? (hold power button for 10seconds until it turns off)

Is your Xbox getting enough bandwidth? 

My nat is open, and I have had the pleasure of talking through the process and guiding every single person on my friends list through to steps to have open nat and having to research a million different types of hardware combinations that they used. (extremely painful, don't recommend others do this is they can avoid it)

I don't play anything other then blops 3, and Xbox system services work as expected except for party chat issues I mentioned.

Yes, I have found that the Xbox instant on feature causes more problems then it's worth so mine completely shuts down every time I stop playing.

When I run the network test on the Xbox it reports the same speeds as my PC reports when doing a test through dsl report or Optus speed test. Except Xbox notes a ping of 200ms where as speed tests site list 9ms. As far as I'm aware this is due to Xbox pinging a Seattle sever for this test and not a local sever for each region.

I factory defaulted and then set up using 200/200 and allowed auto configure to occur, then ran a speed test and I was able to get 102/2mbps. I then changed to 100/2 and did not allow auto configure and bam, the netduma issues are back, speed test are around 40/1.4 and jitter is no longer 0ms or occasionally 1ms. It is now always higher then 5ms no matter how many times I ran a test.

Also dsl reports stops giving a grade for the first too items and is just blank and gives a C for speed. I get A A+ A when using the modem as a router and also when using my nighthawk but the netduma is _ _ C.

Game

Gameplay has become unbarable, I am unable to kill the afk kid in his spawn when playing core anymore and when using the netduma the only way to actually be of use to my team is by playing HC, my friends don't like HC but are playing it coz the hate playing on the Sydney dedicated servers more and I am "camping" the Melbourne bank of servers which give them perfect lag free games, I however get motion sick coz of the frame rate drops and stuttering. This goes away if I leave the game my friends are in, swap the netduma for the nighthawk and join my friends session in progress who are in the lobby I put them in with the netduma.

It's difficult troubleshooting this issue with our locations being the different sides of the world and the 10 or 11 hours difference in time zones. Is there a support hotline I could call? Obviously during UK business hours and not Aussie business hours

• Administrators

It's difficult troubleshooting this issue with our locations being the different sides of the world and the 10 or 11 hours difference in time zones. Is there a support hotline I could call? Obviously during UK business hours and not Aussie business hours

Good point. Post here after reading the pinned thread please http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/

Archived