Becoming useless

Rustynails

Exactly Zennon.

Either lower your ping assist or switch it off if you don't like the servers far away.

But the dedicated servers are the COD:AW issue. Block them and I wouldn't be surprised if matchmakinf breaks completely. Don't forget just because you block them doesn't mean that COD would put other players into a player host game so therefore you'd find no games at all.

Just as a note, I tried shrinking my geo filter and moving my home to exclude the Netherlands, France and South UK dedicated servers and set my ping to 20 to try and get a player host.

No dice, kept putting me in a lobby then booting me out.

Increased ping to 30 ms and connect to South UK dedi every game.

Some good some bad but really difficult to tell at the minute as clan wars is on.

Sure doted circles you are connecting to are becouse of ping assist if you connect to a host outside of your range and its doted it pingassist that found it or its in your allow list and as for my i am playing only on dedies and if i would block them i would not get a game at all check netduma wiki about the ping assist to understand it better

So it is a game its self that is broken in that way i latley put. My home location to germany and it gives me more connsiteb games and also to disable ping assist just set it to 0

With your screen shot of the dotted circles, you are indeed using ping assist. The dotted circles or "nuke" symbol is what indicates a ping assist found host as it's outside your geo filter. Put your ping assist slider down to 0 and you will not connect to hosts outside your geo filter.

This is also not a R1 problem. It's strictly an AW problem. I've only been playing on Dedi's for the last month in the US and some are good and some are bad. It's also different from game to game. But if we all didn't have the R1, you would connect to games in the US and i'd connect to games in the UK and it would be 1000x worse than dealing with a few bad dedi's close to us. 

Archived