MikroTik hAP ac

sharpz44

Is there any reason that you could not put your software on to this thus creating an AC dual band option, as this would be similar hardware to what you currently use, though it would have to be the unlocked version

http://routerboard.com/RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT

]

Thanks

No matter what you are willing to do it wont happen. They just started and would need to have a staff set aside just for that side of the biz.

Unless you lived in the U.K. and grew up with them and know their family by names.

• Administrators

We're not looking into new hardware currently.

When looking for new hardware you have to make sure it is viable to flash the software on the router which is easier said than done.

Why do you say not yet, as I would be willing to buy this and send it to Netduma and send back my original Netduma  

We won't be doing a send in service, it hasn't been discussed at all. Very unlikely to happen for the foreseeable future.

We're not looking into new hardware currently.

When looking for new hardware you have to make sure it is viable to flash the software on the router which is easier said than done.

We won't be doing a send in service, it hasn't been discussed at all. Very unlikely to happen for the foreseeable future.

OK cool, Think I will sell my Netduma then as the hardware does not meet with my Network requirements, so your just gonna stick with the original hardware and no plans to give two options in the future .ie dual band ,,, I`ll keep an eye one here and Linustech...cheers

• Administrators

OK cool, Think I will sell my Netduma then as the hardware does not meet with my Network requirements, so your just gonna stick with the original hardware and no plans to give two options in the future .ie dual band ,,, I`ll keep an eye one here and Linustech...cheers

I'm sure we will do different hardware in the future. 

What is it you need? If it's wifi many people use an AC router behind the R1 so they can use all our features.

I'm sure we will do different hardware in the future. 

What is it you need? If it's wifi many people use an AC router behind the R1 so they can use all our features.

yep I understand that, it`s just were my main bt box is I would have to run 3 devices, modem>net>rout and the missus not to happy with all that stuff and cables. I`ll wait as long as it takes for your next move ,you know what woman can be like with matching décor, I got away with modem and router (which had to be black and the modem was then disguised in a wooden box....lol...... plus the kids are using AC on there laptops ect. ... cheers any way Fraser and I will continue to support you guys, I even recommended your product to guys in my platoon on battlefield as some were moaning about there bandwidth being eaten up by the household and anyone else that I know who games. Thanks 

• Administrators

yep I understand that, it`s just were my main bt box is I would have to run 3 devices, modem>net>rout and the missus not to happy with all that stuff and cables. I`ll wait as long as it takes for your next move ,you know what woman can be like with matching décor, I got away with modem and router (which had to be black and the modem was then disguised in a wooden box....lol...... plus the kids are using AC on there laptops ect. ... cheers any way Fraser and I will continue to support you guys, I even recommended your product to guys in my platoon on battlefield as some were moaning about there bandwidth being eaten up by the household and anyone else that I know who games. Thanks 

Ahh I see. Haha I gotcha, thanks very much, really appreciate that!

• 1 month later...

Ahh I see. Haha I gotcha, thanks very much, really appreciate that!

Hey Fraser, decided to put the Netgear in AP in the end ,works spot on by the way,,,managed to steal half the playroom ...lol.... So getting the wifi that's needed, currently the firmware is .6g, is that one correct to be using ....cheers

Archived