Pretty sure something still not right with my r1

i can have a game on advanced warfare and hit detection again is utter garbage, while i seem to die from 1 bullet.

On geo filter screen get lots of red dots, match begins and most dots disapear leaving maybe 3 to 6. No bigger circle to see and be able to test the host.

I had an hour lastnight, not 1 positive game.

Just had an hour now and again very poor experience.

Infact i would go as far as to say that since i updated it i havent had as good a game then i did when i first got the r1. The problem i was having then though is that i was struggling to find a game and when i did i could be on a 20 kill streak and all of a sudden lose connection to host before match ended.

Lucky now to get on a 5 kill streak.

So i know the difference now between when it is working well or when its not and mostly its just not.

I know you guys will help me get it sorted.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Please could you post a screen shot of your GeoFilter settings? If there are no big circles, that might mean that you are the host of the game.

To avoid being kicked out of the lobby during the match, it is probably best to disable the GeoFilter once you are in the game. The reason you are kicked is because a host migration probably occurs, and host is migrated to somebody outside of your GeoFilter, so you are kicked from the game.

Hopfully your screen shot can help see what could be causing your bad games.

If your not sure how to take a screen shot, you can look here :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgccoijnv4v4b6a/2015-02-26%2023.17.55%20hdr.jpg?dl=0

Im in uk so set home to cover uk and into europe.

Just to clarify, im not being kicked any more since upgrading to version .7

That was the problem before i upgraded.

But when i did get a game it was amazing.

Since upgrading however, not one amazing game that i can remember.

Internet diagnosis test with laptop hardwired always between 15-17 ms ping and no packet loss. Exceptional ratings.

• Netduma Staff

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgccoijnv4v4b6a/2015-02-26%2023.17.55%20hdr.jpg?dl=0

Im in uk so set home to cover uk and into europe.

Just to clarify, im not being kicked any more since upgrading to version .7

That was the problem before i upgraded.

But when i did get a game it was amazing.

Since upgrading however, not one amazing game that i can remember.

Internet diagnosis test with laptop hardwired always between 15-17 ms ping and no packet loss. Exceptional ratings.

I think maybe your issue is that you could potentially connect to games 2000+ Km away from you. I would try setting your home location to its actual location, then setting the GeoFilter range to about 1000 Km. Play a few games and see if they have improved. If they haven't, please take screen shots of the GeoFilter to show where the hosts are and also please take screen shots of the corresponding ping graphs.

Remember that if you connect to a bad host to add it to your deny list so that you won't connect to it again. For some hosts, you can't do this, so you will just have to exclude them from your GeoFilter radius.

As Crossy says try tightening up your geo-filter and I  would say also try lowering your ping assist times.

I'm in the UK too and have GF set to 500km and PA to 20ms, get into loads of games quickly and rarely have a bad one.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheers guy, if those suggestions don't help it maybe a local congestion issue or a problem with your internet.

If it's the former then try lowering your anti-flood settings if it's the latter try the internet diagnosis please

Uk settings i use
Geo 560km (sometime's i go into europe depending on time of day)
Ping ass 30 (my ping to 8.8.8.8 is 16 i like to double this amount for duma)

Congestion control with my i.s.p's bandwidth set then 70% down 70% up using Reactive.

Guest Netduma Fraser

How accurate do the bandwidth settings have to be?

Everytime i run a speed test i keep getting a different result?

Just wondering if that could be my problem?

Well the more accurate the better. Where are you doing the speed test from? If its from the console I wouldnt pay any attention to it at all as its not accurate. 

How accurate do the bandwidth settings have to be?

Everytime i run a speed test i keep getting a different result?

Just wondering if that could be my problem?

Speedtests will always vary depending on server location and load. 

The way I do it is to run a few tests with different sites/servers and at different times of day and take an average of that.  My feeling is that gives a good real world representation of real bandwidth.

When I first got my R1 I used my ISP bandwidth figures but I was seeing strange in-game behaviour so I ran some real world tests and things have been fine since.

Hardwired laptop fraser.

I use speedtest.net and also testmy.net

I make sure that congestion control sliders are both at 100% and shared excess is always allowed.

When i run the dumas internet diagnosis i get everything exceptional and average ping always 15-17ms.

When i go on testmy.net i get 30-45ms ping and varried download and upload speeds??

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hardwired laptop fraser.

I use speedtest.net and also testmy.net

I make sure that congestion control sliders are both at 100% and shared excess is always allowed.

When i run the dumas internet diagnosis i get everything exceptional and average ping always 15-17ms.

When i go on testmy.net i get 30-45ms ping and varried download and upload speeds??

Have you also reset the distribution on device prio? Okay well thats great! I cant comment on testmy.net as I havent used it. However, the duma internet diagnosis disconnects everything from the internet so it can be as accurate as possible and potentially indicate problems that your ISP can help with. What do you get with speedtest.net?

When i was having problems other week and updated to version .7, someone said my upload speed probably wasnt helping because it was only 1mbps i think.

So upgraded talktalk internet to 80 down and 20 up.

When i run tests now my upload is usually between 12-16 mbps. Thats on both sites.

But my download varries from 38 to the highest i ever got was 63 mbps.

I can run 6 tests one after another and it can vary like that. Is this normal?

Guest Netduma Fraser

When i was having problems other week and updated to version .7, someone said my upload speed probably wasnt helping because it was only 1mbps i think.

So upgraded talktalk internet to 80 down and 20 up.

When i run tests now my upload is usually between 12-16 mbps. Thats on both sites.

But my download varries from 38 to the highest i ever got was 63 mbps.

I can run 6 tests one after another and it can vary like that. Is this normal?

Oh awesome, please follow this wiki to get the highest speed. http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_is_my_speed_lowerand then see what the speed test says as it may help :) 

Fraser you are a legend!!

You did it last week and looks like you could have done it again now for me.

I have just entered the download and upload speeds that i pay for, changed to reactive and run 4 tests one after another and got 16 mbps upload on each test and 55, 54, 56 and 56 mbps download.

Thats a hell of a lot better than before.

Soon as the mrs leaves the room the xbox will be on and i will give it a test out.

I will update you asap

Guest Netduma Fraser

Fraser you are a legend!!

You did it last week and looks like you could have done it again now for me.

I have just entered the download and upload speeds that i pay for, changed to reactive and run 4 tests one after another and got 16 mbps upload on each test and 55, 54, 56 and 56 mbps download.

Thats a hell of a lot better than before.

Soon as the mrs leaves the room the xbox will be on and i will give it a test out.

I will update you asap

Thanks :P Fantastic, thats definitely a lot better! Yes please let us know :)

Uk settings i use

Geo 560km (sometime's i go into europe depending on time of day)

Ping ass 30 (my ping to 8.8.8.8 is 16 i like to double this amount for duma)

Congestion control with my i.s.p's bandwidth set then 70% down 70% up using Reactive.

Zennon,

Thats the best advice I've seen on here all day. LOL :D

Real world results Raddy. Sync speeds are always higher and don't include the margin in your connection for actual speeds.

Persoanlly I'd even take speedtest results with a pinch of salt and be looking for actual throughput tests but that's just me.

Archived