Pretty sure something still not right with my r1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real world speeds , i pay for 80/20 but because of distance from my cab i get 60/17 , so if i placed 80/20 in the CC and put my sliders to 70% i would not be getting true 70%

I need to put 60/17 in cc to get a true reduction.

Scenario:  you are gaming if somebody else  browses a web page or downloads the ping will increase by a considerable amount, using the CC at 70% my ping's don't even bat an eyelid and stay at 16 rather than 100ms to 400ms spikes when my son uses Youtube or 50 ms spikes when he reloads a web page.

Its a common misconception that more bandwidth means no ping spikes, CC is a god send for me and i would have bought the duma for this alone its that good.

I use thinkbroadband and bbmax speed test's

Sometimes speed tests get congested as many users are testing at the same time.

Go with the higher speeds you are seeing.

As another example if an exchange or cabinet is over subscribed then I.S.P congestion comes into play and you can lose speed. I am in no way saying this is what is happening just saying this does happen to a lot of people.

People with this issue will see ping's that are all over the place and packet loss.

Thanks zennon.

So going off everything you have said, and i have my bandwidths set to what i get through a speed test, congestion control both at 70% but still struggling, should i try lowering congestion sliders further to maybe 60% or maybe even lower?

Struggling as in gaming or with congestion itself?

If its gaming wise have you tried any other game but AW? as it is widely accepted now on these boards that the game is fundamentally broken.

Well it could just be AW i suppose.

I had an hour back on ghosts yesterday with my lad and every single game was brilliant.

Put AW back on with no settings changed and hit detection all over the place.

As mentioned before it could have been bad hosts etc but i just dont feel im getting consistant game plays if that makes sense.

Frustrating more than anything

The fast movement make bullets sponge I feel, the server having to rewind for laggy player's so the avatar is not where it seems. (hit markers on your screen but actually missing)

I used to play classic tdm and it played like old cods for the most parts, now they have took it out thats my finish with it, they have had my cash and dlc cash and robbed me taking classic tdm away.

Yes there is mosh pit but I do not want to play game types I don't like for an hour to get 1 game I do.

I don't winge much but its a Sunday and I feel a little better now for it. haha.

We always look forward to the next cod as the last has left a bad taste in the mouth , same every year.

If its black ops 3 we might be in luck and for god sake no jet packs haha.

Just put ghosts on again.

Struggled to find a game so opened up the geo filter. Ping ass 30, congestion control 70% both sliders.

It put me into a game half way through but still went 12-1.

I think i will trade it in for battlefield if it doesnt improve fast

For me the hit boxes are way off unless somebody is running straight for you , I found in older cods if somebody was running stalker/stock that their hit boxes were out when they strafed.

I started to use stock for this reason in bops 2 and it works wonders , but in AW its like everyone has this glitch going for them sponging until the box catches up.

Changing the subject a bit.

Netduma just locked every device out, wired and wifi. On phone it asked for password.

Entered password correctly and it just asked for password again, and again and again.

Pulled the plug and everything connected again automatically??

Ive just had to pull the plug again!!

There has been a problem for weeks now, just when i think its sorted something else isnt working as it should be.

Is there one of the netduma guys available to please have a look at mine via team viewer or what ever you gotta do??

This time wireless devices showing as connected but not recieving internet.

For example, i came in from workand phone automatically switched from 3g to netduma network.

Tried to open skysports app, nothing just loading symbol until timed out.

Tried facebook, the same. App store, app store unavailable at this time.

Went in other room lads xbox connected to xbox live but wouldnt download a free game.

Switched phone over to talk talk network and it worked.

Pulled plug and we are good again??

I shouldnt have to keep pulling the plug everyday surely??

Switched it over to the talk talk network you mention, does this mean you have both wifi's on and switch between or am i picking this up wrong?

If you did not know you can not have both wifi networks running together , i apologise if you already know.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Ive just had to pull the plug again!!

There has been a problem for weeks now, just when i think its sorted something else isnt working as it should be.

Is there one of the netduma guys available to please have a look at mine via team viewer or what ever you gotta do??

This time wireless devices showing as connected but not recieving internet.

For example, i came in from workand phone automatically switched from 3g to netduma network.

Tried to open skysports app, nothing just loading symbol until timed out.

Tried facebook, the same. App store, app store unavailable at this time.

Went in other room lads xbox connected to xbox live but wouldnt download a free game.

Switched phone over to talk talk network and it worked.

Pulled plug and we are good again??

I shouldnt have to keep pulling the plug everyday surely??

If you want to jump in chat ill be there to help :)

Switched it over to the talk talk network you mention, does this mean you have both wifi's on and switch between or am i picking this up wrong?

If you did not know you can not have both wifi networks running together , i apologise if you already know.

Yes this would be good to know as if theyre both enabled they could cause interference. 

Archived