Motorola Sb6183 and Netduma

DrEaMzZ

Does anyone know if the EEE issue was ever resolved with the Motorola Sb6183? My internet speeds will be increased soon and am in need of a new modem to support the 300/20 on twc. If the Sb6183 still has issues, which modem do you guys recommend? I have heard the CM500 by Netgear is pretty good. Any replies are very much appreciated. Thank you!

Have you heard anything about the cm600?

TWC is going to upgrade my internet from 50/5 to 300/20; therefore, I upgraded from the SB6141 to the CM600 in preparations for the upgrade.   As far as the research that I have done, the CM600 does not have the Broadcom chipset or EEE issues.  I have been using it for the past month without any issues.

Has anyone tried the sb6190

I have the SB6190 and it has High ping spikes and Arris is on it. When I run the Internet Diagnostics I got ok Spikes and ok Jitter when I used to get an Exceptional rating.

TWC is going to upgrade my internet from 50/5 to 300/20; therefore, I upgraded from the SB6141 to the CM600 in preparations for the upgrade. As far as the research that I have done, the CM600 does not have the Broadcom chipset or EEE issues. I have been using it for the past month without any issues.

Are you sure it doesn't have the Broadcom chipset? An Engineer at Cox said it does.

Are you sure it doesn't have the Broadcom chipset? An Engineer at Cox said it does.

The CM600 is new to the market.  I have done exhaustive Google search for CM600 broadcom, CM600 chipset, CM600 EEE, CM600 "energy efficient ethernet", searched various wikidevi Broadcom device searches.   I could not find any listing for CM600 with Broadcom no even EEE.   Because of the quick production life cycle of chipsets, I would highly doubt that the CM600 would have the same Broadcom chipset as the other modems mentioned. I don't really trust the Cox/TWC tech reps or engineers.  However, if it does have a Broadcom chipset, it is most likely a newer chipset that does not have the same EEE problem.   I have been using the CM600 for a few months now without any problems unlike the problems that I had with the SB6580.   

I have the SB6190 and it has High ping spikes and Arris is on it. When I run the Internet Diagnostics I got ok Spikes and ok Jitter when I used to get an Exceptional rating.

Thanks do you recommend it or you think the cm600 would be better?

Thanks do you recommend it or you think the cm600 would be better?

I have heard the CM600 has the Broadcom chipset too so high ping spikes could be a problem with the that modem too. But a friend on here has said that it doesn't have that BC chip and he has no problems with that modem, UK Wildcat told me this.

I have heard the CM600 has the Broadcom chipset too so high ping spikes could be a problem with the that modem too. But a friend on here has said that it doesn't have that BC chip and he has no problems with that modem, UK Wildcat told me this.

See my post up above.   I have experienced any problems with the CM600 so far.   My issues are all BO3 game related.

See my post up above. I have experienced any problems with the CM600 so far. My issues are all BO3 game related.

I just recently started using my SB6183 again because Cox finally got the patch from Arris last Tuesday and it was fine up until yesterday when I was watching Netflix and it started to spike like crazy. So the CM600 has to be good.

• Administrators

Hi,

The users here have more info than I do. I'd suggest if possible to avoid any modems that even closely resemble that chipet family. Not worth the risk if you can avoid it. 

Hi,

The users here have more info than I do. I'd suggest if possible to avoid any modems that even closely resemble that chipet family. Not worth the risk if you can avoid it. 

can you give us a list of modems you recommend

I have purchased the Netgear CM600 and have been using it for a week or more now without any issues. Thanks again Wildcat!

That is good to hear! Like Uk Wildcat said maybe it has a newer chipset. How do you have it set up?

That is good to hear! Like Uk Wildcat said maybe it has a newer chipset. How do you have it set up?

CM600>Netduma>Asus AC87U in AP mode. My pc and ps4 are wired on the Netduma and all the wireless stuff is handled by the Asus.

CM600>Netduma>Asus AC87U in AP mode. My pc and ps4 are wired on the Netduma and all the wireless stuff is handled by the Asus.

Awesome. No high ping spikes or problems so far?

Archived