AW the last two days

doylebl

Guest Netduma Fraser

Really inconsistent games with the same dedicated server. Usually I'm gauranteed a good connection on a 40 ping up until the last two days. Not sure if it's the psn ?

Possibly, a lot of people got that server error today so potentially could be on their side. 

I've been noticing the same thing. Moved my home location last night to the midwest and was getting on the St Louis and Illinois dedi alot and each game was inconsistent with the connection. AW servers all suck. I really wish I could just block them and only connect to player hosted games.

maybe its part of Activision's plan, lol. Make the dedis worse than the player hosts so everyone wants to go back to the old system and Activision saves millions and millions not having to maintain their dedicated servers. Actually, I was joking when I first started writing the post but now that I think about it, that's not far fetched. They make up camos to make millions why wouldn't they want to stick to the P2P system?

Ive really been struggling to go positive last few nights. Played for around 3 hours last night on new maps and went positive 3 times, really hard work.

Switched back to old maps, bam positive out of the gate. Still every game on a dedi though.

During COD Ghosts each time a large patch came out or DLC Activision run tests on their dedicated servers which caused inconsistant connection on those servers. I don't know for sure, but if they have done the same for Advanced Warfare then thats why the connection has been all over the place! With the massive game patch rolling out and DLC being released this Thursday, that could be the reason why, give it a day or two and see if it returns back to normal!

It's been awful on the xbox one as well. Unplayable. 

I don't own the Xbox One, but if their rolling out connection tests on dedicated servers during updates and DLC, then its probably going to effect every platform as they run full tests? I don't know.. I'm just assuming!

I fear AW has rendered Netdumas geo filter useless with these dedicated servers, my gameplay hasn't been the same as when I first got my R1.  I'm always getting thrown into the same dedicated servers and its always a hit or miss.  I hope Netduma has an ace up their sleeve in their next firmware update... 

Archived