Dead Ethernet Port

My brand new R1 (which I love so far) seems to have a dead #1ethernet port after less than 24 hours of usage. Has this happened to anyone else? I've tried hard resetting both the router and my Xbox which was occupying that port, but to no avail. Switching to a different port works just fine and plugging a different device into port 1 results in that device not connecting as well.

Port 1 is for the modem only.

Ah i was assuming he was meaning he was trying to connect from his modem/router to port one POE and it failed after 24h, I may have read this wrong then.

Sorry, forgot to clear up that it is the first non-modem port. As stated it worked fine for the first day, so everything is connected properly, it literally just stopped out of nowhere. It is not an issue with the cable as moving it to the next port over works fine. I've also plugged in 3 different devices with 3 different cables into the problem port and none of them get internet access. All other ports are working as normal. Is there any way to contact anybody at netduma about a replacement? I love the router so far but not having a direct line of communication with the company over issues like this seems like a total nightmare.

• Administrators

Sorry, forgot to clear up that it is the first non-modem port. As stated it worked fine for the first day, so everything is connected properly, it literally just stopped out of nowhere. It is not an issue with the cable as moving it to the next port over works fine. I've also plugged in 3 different devices with 3 different cables into the problem port and none of them get internet access. All other ports are working as normal. Is there any way to contact anybody at netduma about a replacement? I love the router so far but not having a direct line of communication with the company over issues like this seems like a total nightmare.

Certainly, you shouldn't have to go without a port. I believe you've emailed us already so we shall reply shortly regarding a replacement :)

Certainly, you shouldn't have to go without a port. I believe you've emailed us already so we shall reply shortly regarding a replacement :)

Thank you so much Fraser, your help is immensely appreciated. Like I said, I absolutely love the router so far despite the port issue and understand things like this happen, I just wish It didn't happen to mine!

• Administrators

Thank you so much Fraser, your help is immensely appreciated. Like I said, I absolutely love the router so far despite the port issue and understand things like this happen, I just wish It didn't happen to mine!

You're very welcome. Great to hear that! Yes it is a shame, we're responding right now and then we can get you a working router :) 

As this will now be resolved by email I shall close this thread. 

Archived